Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Using Code::Blocks / Re: Configuring project compilation (example Dislin library)
« Last post by Grit Clef on March 15, 2024, 12:35:11 pm »
In that project's Build Options, use the up and down arrows in Linker Settings->Link Libraries to change their sequence.
Searching around, I came across a set of tools by microsoft, called powertoys, one of which is called file locksmith that seems to do exactly what i want - identify which process(es) keep a certain (or more) files locked.

I downloaded powertoys (~250MB) installed it, made sure I checked the 'run in elevated mode', and test.exe gives no damn results - locksmith cannot identify any process locking that file. However, I try to delete the file and get the error 'cannot delete file cause it's in use by another program'. If i reboot, I can delete it.

I give up for now .. can't think of anything else for the time being.
I've had good luck with SysInternals  Handles.exe finding locked files.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/handle
Virus protection software sometimes creates very weird bugs.
Searching around, I came across a set of tools by microsoft, called powertoys, one of which is called file locksmith that seems to do exactly what i want - identify which process(es) keep a certain (or more) files locked.

I downloaded powertoys (~250MB) installed it, made sure I checked the 'run in elevated mode', and test.exe gives no damn results - locksmith cannot identify any process locking that file. However, I try to delete the file and get the error 'cannot delete file cause it's in use by another program'. If i reboot, I can delete it.

I give up for now .. can't think of anything else for the time being.
Please try to create Project via project wizard initially (menu "File - New - Project") and then add file or files to compile into project. Then try to rebuild it.

Sorry, I was posting a reply and did not see your message in time.

I did try this just now, created a C project, and then ran the main.c file that comes to it. It compiles and runs successfully first time. Second time, I get the same error. See log: (notice the compiler is now reported, as it's a project not a single file, as someone mentioned earlier).

Code
-------------- Build: Debug in test (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

gcc.exe -Wall -g  -c C:\tmp\askiseis\test\main.c -o obj\Debug\main.o
gcc.exe  -o bin\Debug\test.exe obj\Debug\main.o   
C:/CodeBlocks/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/8.1.0/../../../../x86_64-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot open output file bin\Debug\test.exe: Invalid argument
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minute(s), 0 second(s))
2 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 0 second(s))

PS - Please dont be confused by the 'tmp' directory name, it's the name of a course, it's not a 'temp' directory .. it's just a regular directory that I created.
OK .. I checked that tool ..

I reboot, clean machine, I create a new file, test.c.

I build and run, program compiles and runs successfully, terminal window is open (I don't close it yet).

I open up built-in Resource Monitor - screenshot here.

I see the process cb_console_runner.exe (pid=15172). Searching through handles, i see multiple entries, all same PID. To be honest, I can't fully understand handles 'do'.. All have same PID so it's sort of different references to the same process in different parts of the OS?

By the way, task manager obviously shows same process (same id of course, although i did not capture it with screenshot) - screenshot here.

Now, I close the terminal window, and as expected the process disappears from task manager, and in Resource Monitor it shows as 'terminated' (screenshot here - also grayed out, disabled) and when I click on the processes window, it kind of 'refreshes' and the process completely disappears from the processes list. Sorting with PIDs, there is no process with pid 15172 anymore. I can't see anything on bottom window with 'handles' either..

Now, I try to build & run again, only to get the same error:

Code
-------------- Build file: "no target" in "no project" (compiler: unknown)---------------

gcc.exe   -c C:\Users\thomas\test.c -o C:\Users\thomas\test.o
gcc.exe  -o C:\Users\thomas\test.exe C:\Users\thomas\test.o   
C:/CodeBlocks/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/8.1.0/../../../../x86_64-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot open output file C:\Users\thomas\test.exe: Invalid argument
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minute(s), 0 second(s))
2 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 0 second(s))

Interestingly, I try to manually delete .exe file, and I get "action can't be completed because the file is open in another program".

I close CodeBlocks (just in case) - same message, action can't be completed...

In the past, I could delete .exe files manually ...

Also - irrelevant probabaly - but I performed a CHKDSK on windows, it found that it needed to fix some errors, rebooted, performed thorough CHKDSK, it said it fixed stuff, nothing changed ..

I am searching on how to find that 'other program' that holds a lock on the .exe file - but everything points to checking task manager, killing the process etc - but I cant find any process that deals with it once the terminal window is closed. Process Monitor has no handles on previous PID 15172 ... all processes seem legit and irrelevant to that previous executable ...

I 'm lost... any ideas would be greatly appreciated ...

Development / Re: Small patch for out of bounds warning.
« Last post by grem on March 14, 2024, 11:31:44 pm »
Applied in https://sourceforge.net/p/codeblocks/code/13491/

Thanks to Miguel Gimenez.
Please try to create Project via project wizard initially (menu "File - New - Project") and then add file or files to compile into project. Then try to rebuild it.
Using Code::Blocks / Re: Debugger - Memory dump
« Last post by Pecan on March 14, 2024, 09:30:40 pm »
Sorry, but I'm using Linux Mint.

My error. You do not need the -d startup option.
You can still copy any item in the debuggers log.

See below using Linux Mint.
Using Code::Blocks / Configuring project compilation (example Dislin library)
« Last post by tuchin on March 14, 2024, 08:56:46 pm »
After the project settings, the compilation lines look like:
Code
g++.exe -Wall -m64 -fexceptions -std=c++20 -g -Wall  -c N:\MyProgramming\Dislin\exa_cpp.cpp -o obj\Debug\exa_cpp.o
g++.exe  -o bin\Debug\Dislin.exe obj\Debug\exa_cpp.o  -m64 -lopengl32  N:\MyProgramming\Dislin\discpp.a
I need to rearrange in a row -lopengl32 and N:\MyProgramming\Dislin\discpp.a:
Code
N:\MyProgramming\Dislin\discpp.a -lopengl32

Can you tell me how to do this? The project https://disk.yandex.ru/d/kc0-onWyk-Tr5g
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10