Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Plugins development / Re: Code completion using LSP and clangd
« Last post by Pecan on March 26, 2024, 02:01:45 am »
Thanks Pecan.

I face another issue now - regarding errors with fixes in different line, like errors due to missing includes,  fix is not applied. It shows "No available fixes found" on applying. In Parser::OnRequestCodeActionApply() , there is a check if the fix is in same line that of the line causing the error. This might be causing the issue.

Fixed Head rev. 13494
Thanks for the reports.
Help / Fresh install of codeblocks seems to have messed up paths in some projects
« Last post by Vigor on March 25, 2024, 11:25:05 pm »
I installed codeblocks 3 years ago but had an occasional bug that had been reported and now fixed so I reinstalled codeblocks.

Now some of my projects aren't working.  The really strange thing is that some, which are very similar still are.

The projects that aren't working are failing to find data files (images mostly) which are coded to have paths that lead from where the project file is.   From where the project file is, the executable is in /bin/debug/???.exe

I can also move the .exe to the folder the project file is in and everything works correctly.   I don't put the exe where it is, it shows up there after being compiled and, up until today, it worked fine from its compiled location or in the folder the project-workspace is in.

I have looked through project settings/compiler settings/etc and even made changes hoping to correct things but I'm afraid I will break other things if I keep trying to fix it on my own.

of 5 projects.
1. most used - doesn't get any data files or images loaded but works perfectly if I move the exe into the folder the project is in and execute it from file viewer
2. old version of the most used - works completely as if nothing happened
3. 2nd most used project - which edits image files.  It isn't loading data/image files either.
4. project that doesn't use images at all but does use data files appears to be working correctly
5. a project I wrote months ago and haven't touched since, which uses one large image file is not loading the image.   I had no reason to change it after it was working properly.

so 2 projects still work 3 don't

the  "bug" I was trying to fix by updating my codeblocks was one that told me the project was compiling when I tried to shut down codeblocks (but it wasn't compiling)  I suspect that could be the common denominator.   I might have gotten that bug on each of the programs that isn't working now the last time I had them open.  I used task manager to force quit codeblocks whenever I got the bug.   But then if i restarted it my programs worked normally before.   I got the bug the last time I tried to shut that program down.  Then I updated codeblocks.

this is the bug I was trying to fix
https://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=23952.0

Perhaps I should have put this in a bug reports section but I'm hoping there is a simple fix.
« Last post by Pecan on March 25, 2024, 06:44:55 pm »
Yes, I use Clangd 18 and got the same problem, too.

Yep, my assumption error. The error is from line 2 but the fix is to line 0, and my code is looking for a fix to line 2.
Wups
Help / Re: Advanced compiler option: write $link object to a file
« Last post by Miguel Gimenez on March 25, 2024, 03:43:55 pm »
Use response files.
Umm, that was clearly not what I was asking, but okay.
Seems like it was indeed silly of me to expect any understanding or at least respect for my personal preference, or any effort to read for that matter.
..and I never said I wouldn't give this new nightly build a try. It just feels awfully like a one-way communication and it is honestly quite disturbing to see in a place meant to gather actual programmers. Oh well, have a nice day I guess. Not going to participate further.
Why would I be a troll??

I have no idea why some people are trolls; I suggest asking a troll or thinking why you do not wish to report the information  needed to solve your issues and why you refuse to do the work of extracting an nightly build into an empty folder.

Tim S.
Help / Advanced compiler option: write $link object to a file
« Last post by JNo on March 25, 2024, 02:29:13 pm »
hello,

I have a particular need for definition of lin obects files to static library:

In command line macro I want to write each object in file as:
objects\file1.o
objects\file2.o

then launch cmd:
for /f %%i in (obj.txt) do @echo $liblinker %%i

if I generate file I use following command FOR %%i IN ($link_objects) DO @echo %%i > file.txt
I encounter command line leght limitation.

How I can  generate this temporary file
« Last post by Grit Clef on March 25, 2024, 11:56:01 am »
Yes, I use Clangd 18 and got the same problem, too.
« Last post by christo on March 25, 2024, 02:59:56 am »
Thanks Pecan.

I face another issue now - regarding errors with fixes in different line, like errors due to missing includes,  fix is not applied. It shows "No available fixes found" on applying. In Parser::OnRequestCodeActionApply() , there is a check if the fix is in same line that of the line causing the error. This might be causing the issue.

Can you give me a 1,2,3 list of a way to re-create the situation?

Hi Pecan,

1. Create a new console application project
2. replace code in main.cpp with below code
Code
int main()
{
    std::cout << "Hello";
    return 0;
}

3. Clangd (I'm using v18) gives below diagnostic
/home/christo/projects/Test/test2/main.cpp|3|error:Use of undeclared identifier 'std' (fix available) Include <iostream> for symbol std::cout|
4. Right click and select "Apply fix if available"
5. Error pop-up is shown instead of applying the fix  "No available fixes found"
Nightly builds / Re: The 24 March 2024 build (13493) is out.
« Last post by Xaviou on March 24, 2024, 09:37:45 pm »
Hi.

OS X version of this rev can be downloaded from my website.
There is only a macOS-11.6 version.
Note that it is not a notarized version of the application.

32 bits version for Windows can also be found in the same place.

Debian Bookworm and Bullseye (32 and 64 bits) can be installed from my repo
The corresponding unsigned deb files can also be downloaded from the website page linked above.

Ubuntu-22.04 and 23.10 versions can be installed from my ppa

Regards
Xav'
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10