Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10
Help / Re: Project - compiler changes do not cause debugger to change
« Last post by oBFusCATed on June 20, 2021, 09:39:09 pm »
Nope, this is not acceptable, because cbEVT_SETTINGS_CHANGED is something related to the global settings.
I suppose the problem happens because m_activeDebugger in DebuggerMenuHandler and DebuggerManager are not updated appropriately.

Probably this is the same issue as this one: https://sourceforge.net/p/codeblocks/tickets/611/
Nightly builds / The 20 June 2021 build (12462) is out.
« Last post by killerbot on June 20, 2021, 08:49:13 pm »
We switched to wx 3.1.5 --> download the new wx dll's see link below

Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

Before you use a nightly make sure you understand how it works.

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll(s) for Code::Blocks : https://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/Nightlies/Prerequisites/wxmsw31u_gcc_cb_wx315_2D_gcc810-mingw64.7z
A link to Mingw64 dll's needed by Code::Blocks : http://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/Nightlies/Prerequisites/Mingw64dlls8.1.0.7z

The 20 June 2021 build is out.
  - Windows :
   http://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/Nightlies/2021/CB_20210620_rev12462_win64.7z
  - Linux :
   none

The current SDK version is : 2.9.0

Resolved Fixed:

• wxSmith: Add option to use wxS("") for strings (thanks stahta01)
  • UI: Fix a crash when using File -> New -> Project on Windows

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

Nightly builds / Re: The 05 June 2021 build (12458) is out.
    « Last post by oBFusCATed on June 20, 2021, 07:03:24 pm »
    Using Code::Blocks / Re: OpenMP
    « Last post by Misa on June 20, 2021, 06:17:11 pm »
    I'm trying to get OpenMP programs to compile using CB.  I read previous OpenMP discussions on this forum, written about 7 years ago.  However, I did not understand what they were talking about, and i'm sure CB has changed since 2010.  Does anyone know what i need to click, what settings i need to change, so that my OpenMP programs will compile?  I get error messages when i try to compile simple five line programs.  Thanks,
    Edward

Step 1: Setup a new GCC compiler in Settings->Compiler by simply cloning the 'GNU GCC compiler', let's say it's 'OpenMP GNU GCC compiler'

Step 2: Configure as in attached pictures
    Development / Re: RFC: Backticks
    « Last post by oBFusCATed on June 20, 2021, 04:48:29 pm »
    Then backticks are not meant to be used there. Use them in the other places.
    Development / Re: RFC: Backticks
    « Last post by ollydbg on June 20, 2021, 04:40:32 pm »
    I can't control the quote, it was always added by our compiler gcc plugin when generating the compile command.
    If you want to share/backup projects it is better to use something like git/svn/hg/etc.
    Using Code::Blocks / [Solved]Re: Problem with svn 12446
    « Last post by gd_on on June 20, 2021, 10:45:30 am »
    Cool. Nice work.
    Many thanks  ;)
    « Last post by AndrewCot on June 20, 2021, 08:38:35 am »
    I have found in the \src\plugins\compilergcc\compileroptionsdlg.cpp file in the void CompilerOptionsDlg::ProjectTargetCompilerAdjust() function if I add the following block at the end of the function and set the new boolean to true only when the code calls either of the SetCompilerID(...) function calls then I can change the compiler from MSYS2 to Cygwin or vice versa as many times I want in the project build options and the correct debugger executable is then called.

Code
        if (bNotifyUpdate == true)
        {
            CodeBlocksEvent event2(cbEVT_SETTINGS_CHANGED);
            event2.SetInt(cbSettingsType::Compiler);
            Manager::Get()->ProcessEvent(event2);
        }

Is this an acceptable solution? If not point me in the right direction please.
    « Last post by AndrewCot on June 20, 2021, 07:45:04 am »
    Debugging analysis update below on what I have found in addition to the previous posts is below:

The root cause of the issue is that the current CB code does not call eventually call the cbDebuggerPlugin::SetActiveConfig(int index) in cbpplugin as this changes the CB debugger that is to be used when you start the debugger. This causes the debug config to not update, which then causes the cmdexe = GetActiveConfigEx().GetDebuggerExecutable(); line to return the previous exectable file!!!!

I have been able to proof this be hacking the code by adding the following lines to the derbuggergdb.cpp before the cmdexe = GetActiveConfigEx().GetDebuggerExecutable(); line:
        CodeBlocksEvent event2(cbEVT_SETTINGS_CHANGED);
        event2.SetInt(cbSettingsType::Compiler);
        Manager::Get()->ProcessEvent(event2);

THIS IS A HACK AS POC that my conclusion about calling SetActiveConfig(..) is correct.

This code is not correct in that it should be somewhere else in the code and potentially be a different block of code that fits better where the change should be done, but the code should still  end up calling the void DebuggerManager::FindTargetsDebugger() function as this is the function that I have found that should be called when you change the compiler based on my findings as it changes the debugger associated with the new compiler settings.  Be aware that I am not familiar with the Cb code and the correct function to call could be some other function.
    Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10