Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
NFS should support unix permissions, so it should be fine if you mount it correctly, but I'm not a sysadmin, so I might be wrong.
What is the file system of the other drive? Is it linux compatible?
If it is fat or ntfs, you're probably out of luck or at least you'll have to read about umasks during mounting.

The other drive is a NAS appliance connected via NFS.  Umasks? Ok I'll look into that, thanks.
What is the file system of the other drive? Is it linux compatible?
If it is fat or ntfs, you're probably out of luck or at least you'll have to read about umasks during mounting.
Using Code::Blocks / Re: Problem with svn 12446
« Last post by oBFusCATed on June 19, 2021, 09:45:30 pm »
Fixed in SVN. It is odd that the night build works...  ;D
Do not mess with ownerships outside your home directory.

C::B uses the paths listed in Project -> Build options -> Search directories -> Compiler tab.

I followed your advice by making a dir ~/code and copying my .c file to it and it does run that way. Thanks.

Is there any way around this? Maybe the way my other drive is mounted in /etc/fstab?  I tried to see is I could instead use a symbolic link ~/code to get the same effect but no luck.  It would just be easier if I could keep all of my c files on my share and compile/run from there. No big deal if no one answers, I see that this isn't a gcc forum but a code::blocks one, so I'm a bit off topic now. 
Patches welcome? Defaults are debatable I don't intend to debate them, but I don't intend to change it at the moment.
as for justification in general, try this https://quuxplusone.github.io/blog/2018/12/06/dont-use-weverything/

Use of -Weverything is based on a misconception about what it is for.  It gives you every warning possible regardless of any other flags, whether it's appropriate to your context or not. Its only known usage is for the development of clang, not development using clang.  Therefore, its use by sorcerer's apprentices is highly discouraged.

I'm willing to become a code contributor if that's what it takes to change this to -Wall.

-pat

Development / Re: RFC: Backticks
« Last post by oBFusCATed on June 19, 2021, 03:12:10 pm »
quotes=="
backticks==`

::)
Development / Re: RFC: Backticks
« Last post by ollydbg on June 19, 2021, 02:04:23 pm »
What happens without the quotes?
Generally backticks are more useful in the compiler or linker options and not for search paths.

If I remove the backtick, then the build log becomes:

Code
g++.exe -Wall -fexceptions -g -I"echo aaa" -c D:\code\test_git_temp\test_cmdcmd\main.cpp -o obj\Debug\main.o
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10