Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Hi,

I am using Code::Blocks 17.12 with C++ for Win32 programming.

Is there an easy way to determine if a compiled program was launched from the IDE or manually by clicking on the compiled program in its directory?

The best I have been able to come up with is to use Window's  GetCurrentDirectory function and see if the program was launched from my project directory or the Debug/Release directories that are created for me by Code::Blocks when I build a project from within the IDE.

Suggestions?

Development / Re: Squirrel 3.1 and new bindings
« Last post by BlueHazzard on Today at 12:34:34 am »
Has someone tested the wxWidgets wizard on linux?
I have a problem, but i am not 100% sure if i have a broken installation or if it is a bug:
latest codeblocks trunk, linux mint 20
1) Create a new wxWidgets project
2) Name the project "test"
3) choose wxSmith as editor
4) finish the project

The generated source files have the name
Code
testApp.cpp
testApp.h
testMain.cpp
testMain.h

But the include is
Code
#include "TESTMain.h"
also the class is called
Code
TESTDialog
instead of
Code
testDialog
Now i get compilation errors about "TESTMain.h" not found

Afternote:
i have the same bug on windows, but because windows is case insensitive it does not trigger compilation error
ok fixed  in r12449
Development / Re: Order of new wxSmith widgets (r12448), @bluehazzard
« Last post by BlueHazzard on Yesterday at 06:30:52 pm »
Ahhh yes.... will fix it as soon as i am on my machine......

« Last post by Miguel Gimenez on Yesterday at 06:21:55 pm »
Looks like a backslash is missing at the end of Makefile.am:206.
Help / Re: The compiler's setup (GNU GCC Compiler) is invalid,
« Last post by anton on Yesterday at 06:16:41 pm »
and after file was renamed, and program restartted, rebuild ends with the error message
Code
Project/Target: "vector_word_output - Debug":
  The compiler's setup (GNU GCC Compiler) is invalid, so Code::Blocks cannot find/run the compiler.
  Probably the toolchain path within the compiler options is not setup correctly?!
  Do you have a compiler installed?
Goto "Settings->Compiler...->Global compiler settings->GNU GCC Compiler->Toolchain executables" and fix the compiler's setup.

Tried to run compiler executable 'C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\MinGW/bin/mingw32-gcc.exe/bin/mingw32-gcc.exe', but failed!
Tried to run compiler executable 'C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\MinGW/bin/mingw32-gcc.exe/mingw32-gcc.exe', but failed!

Skipping...
Nothing to be done (all items are up-to-date).

it trying to find the file in this folders, while the path in compiler settings still the same, as before.

is it right, that in CB 32bit 32 mingw there are 64bitMingtw and will it work if i will download and install mingw from their original site?
« Last post by oBFusCATed on Yesterday at 05:44:08 pm »
Help / Re: The compiler's setup (GNU GCC Compiler) is invalid,
« Last post by Commaster on Yesterday at 05:39:34 pm »
I suspect, an installation directory should be a DIRECTORY, not a file...

Also please go to the settings page as directed in the error message and check the whole list there.

P.S. There is a "NOTE" on your screenshots, read that too.
Help / The compiler's setup (GNU GCC Compiler) is invalid,
« Last post by anton on Yesterday at 05:19:33 pm »
I had installed C::B 2003 version to 32 bit windows7 OS. The version was for 32bit with 32bit MinGW, and build show me such a message
Code
Project/Target: "vector_word_output - Debug":
  The compiler's setup (GNU GCC Compiler) is invalid, so Code::Blocks cannot find/run the compiler.
  Probably the toolchain path within the compiler options is not setup correctly?!
  Do you have a compiler installed?
Goto "Settings->Compiler...->Global compiler settings->GNU GCC Compiler->Toolchain executables" and fix the compiler's setup.

Tried to run compiler executable 'C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\MinGW/bin/mingw32-gcc.exe', but failed!
and I had checked that in compiler settings this is prompted in installation path and in additional path

but i find that it want to find the mingw32-gcc.exe file , while in my folder there is
i686-w64-mingw32-gcc.exe

i had checked, that I had downloaded the right version of release
Code
codeblocks-20.03-32bit-mingw-32bit-setup.exe

so i 'm in doubt just rename it to what C::B had asked?

o
Development / Order of new wxSmith widgets (r12448), @bluehazzard
« Last post by Miguel Gimenez on Yesterday at 09:22:21 am »
Commits in Sourceforge do not allow comments, so I comment here.

The newly added wxDataView... widgets are out of order, they should use priority numbers between 280 and 270 so they appear between ContextHelpButton and Gauge:

Code
wxsRegisterItem<wxsContextHelpButton> Reg(_T("ContextHelpButton"),wxsTWidget,_T("Standard"), 280);
Code
wxsRegisterItem<wxsGauge> Reg(_T("Gauge"),wxsTWidget,_T("Standard"),270);

Thank you
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10