Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Using Code::Blocks / Re: Get wrong answer in code::Blocks
« Last post by Miguel Gimenez on Today at 05:42:43 pm »
Read how scanf() works and some examples; if you are still stuck then look for a C programming forum and ask there.
Using Code::Blocks / Get wrong answer in code::Blocks
« Last post by lilyV1365 on Today at 05:11:31 pm »
Hi
I've been started to learn C program with code::blocks
I downloaded this version (codeblocks-20.03mingw-setup) from the site

Now when I just write a simple code for sum two digit, I get wrong result,
for example : 3+5 get 16 for answer
I put the screen from the operation and run and result

Please someone help me
I don't know what to do :-\
There is a CodeBlocks\default.conf in you AppData somewhere. Any modern software doesn't store user preferences next to the installation. They are all per user.
Do not mess with ownerships outside your home directory.

C::B uses the paths listed in Project -> Build options -> Search directories -> Compiler tab.
Please stop doing what you are doing. Especially giving 777 access rights to everything, 2x especially outside your personal folders.

I provided the snippet from the google search already:
Code
-c
    Compile or assemble the source files, but do not link. The linking stage simply is not done. The ultimate output is in the form of an object file for each source file.
    By default, the object file name for a source file is made by replacing the suffix .c, .i, .s, etc., with .o.

Please run the 16kb executable in the terminal, not the 2kb object file that you renamed to .run for some odd reason.
Does codeblocks use the header files found in /usr/include or some other location?  I tried giving myself ownership with +rwx permissions to all of the /usr/include/ header files but it didn't help.
I tried to duplicate the issue by uninstalling and re-installing Code::Blocks. But apparently just getting rid of C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks (via an uninstall) is not enough. There appears to be some other file which is in my user space which the uninstall misses, because this time the same install executable behaved differently. It did not tell me what compilers it had found on my system on first usage/setup. And the default compiler setting  on startup is Digital Mars D (DMD).
Code
gcc -c pointers-addressof.c -o pointers-address-of.run
/pointers-address-of.run
bash: ./pointers-address-of.run: Permission denied
-rwxrwxrwx 1 edward edward 16624 Jun 13 14:18  pointers-addressof
-rwxrwxrwx 1 edward edward  2648 Jun 14 17:34  pointers-addressof.o
-rwxrwxrwx 1 edward edward  2648 Jun 14 17:38  pointers-address-of.run
Google "GCC flags":
Code
-c
    Compile or assemble the source files, but do not link. The linking stage simply is not done. The ultimate output is in the form of an object file for each source file.
    By default, the object file name for a source file is made by replacing the suffix .c, .i, .s, etc., with .o.
Why are you trying to run the object file instead of the compiled binary? Even the file size should hint at that...

Thanks, I'll looking at what I found looking up  "GCC flags"..may take some time to look through but I'm looking.
https://developers.redhat.com/blog/2018/03/21/compiler-and-linker-flags-gcc

The compiled binary is the .run file. Please forgive the attempt at running the .o file. My analogy is it's like checking a drawer that I know nothing's in when trying to find a lost object in a household. sometimes I try that drawer anyway without any logic behind it. That's if its my drawer and my lost object.
Development / Re: RFC: Backticks
« Last post by oBFusCATed on Yesterday at 02:16:43 pm »
"cmd0|cmd1" support is unix only. Windows should support it already.
The cache clearing is os independent.
Any testing is welcome.
Development / Re: RFC: Backticks
« Last post by ollydbg on Yesterday at 01:03:47 pm »
Is it Windows related?
I can only test on Windows.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10