Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Look at the "build log" ignore the "build messages"
Fixed in r13524, thank you for testing.

The other Save() just collects the members of the current variable, removing the empty ones.
I am trying to learn more about the compiler and linker, and the build process, so that I could maybe make build script(like .bat file) for different environments. And as a test I am building one of my old projects. But I am having trouble with linking. I feel like it would help me immensely to know how code blocks did it.

I have read one of the wiki's. It didn't really go in detail. (I am mostly interested in the preprocessing phase and the build script parts)
https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php/The_build_process_of_Code::Blocks#Preprocessing_phase

I think my problem will be solved by the question, what happens when we press build, how does code blocks goes about instructing the compiler and linker? or maybe how do I get un-cluttered build logs?

(I am sorry if this question doesn't belong here. I've tried asking in different places but they mostly just aske me to use cmake or some buildsystem to build the project. I don't really want to learn new language. g++ arguments are just fine)
Effectively, with this line switch, it works as I thought it should...
Nevertheless, there is another Save() at line 471, a more global one I suppose. What does it save ?
Looks like swapping these two lines from uservardlgs.cpp:473 should do the trick
Code
    m_UserVarMgr->Save();
    m_UserVarMgr->SetActiveSetName(m_CurrentSetName);
but I cannot check right now
I have several global variable configuration set, for example : default, set_1, set_2, ...
When I open codeblocks, look at Global Variables... I see, for example that set_1 is Active, the one selected in the scroll-down menu.
I do some work with that set_1, then choose the set_2, clic on the Save button at the bottom, do some work with set_2, always inside codeblocks. Then I close codeblocks.
When I reopen codeblocks, and look at the global variable config, I see it's still set_1 which is selected.
How to make codeblocks to keep my set_2 config as the active set after a restart. I can modify default.conf manually, of course.
I thought that the Save button at the bottom of the global variable configuration display box was for that purpose, but it's not the case apparently.
Contributions to C::B / Re: macOS Variant
« Last post by Miguel Gimenez on Today at 11:09:19 am »
Spam reported to moderator.
Contributions to C::B / Re: macOS Variant
« Last post by undergofanfare on Today at 09:44:45 am »
Maybe we can just use lldb-mi
but how to use lldb-mi in this case?
Help / Re: c++
« Last post by Miguel Gimenez on Today at 09:14:24 am »
The only response in the lower box is "checking the existence of............".

Was the check successful?. You have not posted the build log, so we do not know if compilation failed, running is failing or the program runs but does not work as intended.

I have also programmed thousand of lines in 6502, 68000, Z80 and small microcontrollers, and I learnt to use the tool's logs whenever something failed.
Help / Re: c++
« Last post by nenin on Today at 07:40:39 am »
OK, try it like this:
1. Open C::B
2. Create new project (something like "console application")
2.1. Select C++
2.2 Finalize creation
3. Open "main.cpp"
4. CopyPaste your code in "main.cpp"
5. Save everything, just in case
6. Build the project
7. Run
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10