Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Plugins development / Re: Code completion using LSP and clangd
« Last post by stahta01 on Today at 11:46:48 am »
Hi Pecan,
     Today I use GCC 14.1 with wx 3.2.5 to build CB, but I suddenly got some errors when building Clangd_client.

Code
J:\123\CodeBlocksNightlySrc\codeblocks_sfmirror\src\plugins\contrib\clangd_client\src\codecompletion\parser\parser.cpp||In member function 'bool Parser::LSP_GetSymbolsByType(json*, std::set<LSP_SymbolKind>&, std::vector<std::tuple<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, LSP_SymbolKind, int> >&)':|
J:\123\CodeBlocksNightlySrc\codeblocks_sfmirror\src\plugins\contrib\clangd_client\src\codecompletion\parser\parser.cpp|3667|error: invalid user-defined conversion from 'wxString' to 'char' [-fpermissive]|
J:\123\wxWidgets-3.2.5-cb\include\wx\string.h|1635|note: candidate is: 'wxString::operator const wchar_t*() const' (near match)|
J:\123\wxWidgets-3.2.5-cb\include\wx\string.h|1635|note:   no known conversion from 'const wchar_t*' to 'char'|
W:\SoftwareDevelopmentTools\mingw32\include\c++\14.1.0\bits\basic_string.h|840|note:   initializing argument 1 of 'std::__cxx11::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc>& std::__cxx11::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc>::operator=(_CharT) [with _CharT = char; _Traits = std::char_traits<char>; _Alloc = std::allocator<char>]'|
J:\123\CodeBlocksNightlySrc\codeblocks_sfmirror\src\plugins\contrib\clangd_client\src\codecompletion\parser\parser.cpp||In member function 'void Parser::WalkDocumentSymbols(json&, wxString&, int&, std::set<LSP_SymbolKind>&, std::vector<std::tuple<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, LSP_SymbolKind, int> >&)':|
J:\123\CodeBlocksNightlySrc\codeblocks_sfmirror\src\plugins\contrib\clangd_client\src\codecompletion\parser\parser.cpp|3879|error: invalid user-defined conversion from 'wxString' to 'char' [-fpermissive]|
J:\123\wxWidgets-3.2.5-cb\include\wx\string.h|1635|note: candidate is: 'wxString::operator const wchar_t*() const' (near match)|
J:\123\wxWidgets-3.2.5-cb\include\wx\string.h|1635|note:   no known conversion from 'const wchar_t*' to 'char'|
W:\SoftwareDevelopmentTools\mingw32\include\c++\14.1.0\bits\basic_string.h|840|note:   initializing argument 1 of 'std::__cxx11::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc>& std::__cxx11::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc>::operator=(_CharT) [with _CharT = char; _Traits = std::char_traits<char>; _Alloc = std::allocator<char>]'|
  How to fix this? Thanks.
  Edit: I just changed the 'name' in line 3667 and 3879 in parser.cpp to 'name.c_str()', and errors disappeared.
   I find that there are several other errors about the same; I remember that I did some changes in wx/msw/setup.h, maybe they influenced the compatibility of wxString and std::string.

I am also using mingw 14.1.0. with wxWidgets 3.2.5 (no modifications), but cannot reproduce this error.

Can you give us steps to reproduce the error?
I believe the Nightly is using the same without errors.
Do you get the error using the nightly build?

I would check wxUSE_STL, wxUSE_STD_CONTAINERS_COMPATIBLY, and wxUSE_STD_CONTAINERS values.
And, of course wxUSE_UNICODE should be 1 unless you wish to have a nightmare trying to have it set to 0 and fixing all the problems.

Tim S.
« Last post by Pecan on Today at 06:55:35 am »
Hi Pecan,
     Today I use GCC 14.1 with wx 3.2.5 to build CB, but I suddenly got some errors when building Clangd_client.

Code
J:\123\CodeBlocksNightlySrc\codeblocks_sfmirror\src\plugins\contrib\clangd_client\src\codecompletion\parser\parser.cpp||In member function 'bool Parser::LSP_GetSymbolsByType(json*, std::set<LSP_SymbolKind>&, std::vector<std::tuple<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, LSP_SymbolKind, int> >&)':|
J:\123\CodeBlocksNightlySrc\codeblocks_sfmirror\src\plugins\contrib\clangd_client\src\codecompletion\parser\parser.cpp|3667|error: invalid user-defined conversion from 'wxString' to 'char' [-fpermissive]|
J:\123\CodeBlocksNightlySrc\codeblocks_sfmirror\src\plugins\contrib\clangd_client\src\codecompletion\parser\parser.cpp||In member function 'void Parser::WalkDocumentSymbols(json&, wxString&, int&, std::set<LSP_SymbolKind>&, std::vector<std::tuple<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, LSP_SymbolKind, int> >&)':|
J:\123\CodeBlocksNightlySrc\codeblocks_sfmirror\src\plugins\contrib\clangd_client\src\codecompletion\parser\parser.cpp|3879|error: invalid user-defined conversion from 'wxString' to 'char' [-fpermissive]|
  How to fix this? Thanks.
  Edit: I just changed the 'name' in line 3667 and 3879 in parser.cpp to 'name.c_str()', and errors disappeared.
   I find that there are several other errors about the same; I remember that I did some changes in wx/msw/setup.h, maybe they influenced the compatibility of wxString and std::string.

I am also using mingw 14.1.0. with wxWidgets 3.2.5 (no modifications), but cannot reproduce this error.

Can you give us steps to reproduce the error?
I believe the Nightly is using the same without errors.
Do you get the error using the nightly build?
More software is making it's way on ARM64, will Code::Blocks do the same?
Not entirely sure if wxWidgets supports Windows on ARM64 yet.

Found an wxWidgets issue that mentions Windows and ARM64 has at least experimental support using Clang compiler.

Tim S.
General (but related to Code::Blocks) / Will Code::Blocks support Windows on ARM64?
« Last post by MichaelAgarkov on Yesterday at 03:41:23 pm »
More software is making it's way on ARM64, will Code::Blocks do the same?
Not entirely sure if wxWidgets supports Windows on ARM64 yet.
Plugins development / Re: cbvike -- A VIM like plugin
« Last post by MichaelAgarkov on Yesterday at 03:25:00 pm »
Will there be a new version of this plugin with support for newer versions of Code::Blocks? The current version of the plugin doesn't work with 20.03.
« Last post by Grit Clef on Yesterday at 07:18:25 am »
Hi Pecan,

Code
  How to fix this? Thanks.
« Last post by christo on June 23, 2024, 07:13:13 pm »
BTW: Can you show the CPU usage reduction before/after applying this patch? Thanks.
@ollydbg Attaching perf output without and with the optimisation. perf is captured until full codeblocks project is parsed.
« Last post by Pecan on June 23, 2024, 05:58:51 am »
Hi Pecan,

compile_commands.json is read and parsed every time a file is opened. This uses a lot of CPU, especially during the initial parsing of all files, where
 compile_commands.json is read and parsed as many times as the number of files in the project. Attached patch does some optimisation for this.
1. Save the parsed compile_commands.json until the first batch parsing is completed, cleared after that.
2. After initial batch processing, all the filesnames are stored in a vector, and only if the filename is not present in this vector, compile commands is parsed. This helps to avoid parsing of the compile_commands.json after editing and saving of the file.

Thanks, Christo

Thanks, I'll have a look and do some testing.
« Last post by ollydbg on June 23, 2024, 04:05:12 am »
I see you have made several contribution to C::B. Either in this thread or in the compiler log parsing acceleration (High CPU usage during build operation when verbose is enabled)

Great job. But it is a bit hard for me to understand the patch's logic currently.

BTW: Can you show the CPU usage reduction before/after applying this patch? Thanks.
« Last post by christo on June 22, 2024, 11:41:29 am »
Hi Pecan,

compile_commands.json is read and parsed every time a file is opened. This uses a lot of CPU, especially during the initial parsing of all files, where
 compile_commands.json is read and parsed as many times as the number of files in the project. Attached patch does some optimisation for this.
1. Save the parsed compile_commands.json until the first batch parsing is completed, cleared after that.
2. After initial batch processing, all the filesnames are stored in a vector, and only if the filename is not present in this vector, compile commands is parsed. This helps to avoid parsing of the compile_commands.json after editing and saving of the file.

Thanks, Christo
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10