Author Topic: Project run from CB OK but not with *.exe directly  (Read 143 times)

Offline jmClifford

• Single posting newcomer
Project run from CB OK but not with *.exe directly
« on: Yesterday at 06:17:14 am »
Hi.  The project runs OK with CB and executes OK (with green arrow). 
However when I double click the *.exe, the error is;
   wxmsw32ud_gcc_custom.dll not found.

When I load the file into the same folder, then a new error is;
   The entry point could not be located.

How do you package the *.exe for standalone usage???

Regards JC....

Offline Grit Clef

• Multiple posting newcomer
  • Where there is a will, there is a way.
Re: Project run from CB OK but not with *.exe directly
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 06:52:20 am »
First you should exactly know where the compiler you're using is, and where the corresponding wxWidgets' dlls are. Check in the PATH envvar if there's another compiler path in it, and make sure that you removed other compilers and added the bin path of the compiler you're using(I see It's gcc) into it.
Then everything will be fine.
Alternatively, you can manually copy libstdc++-6.dll, libgcc_s_seh-1.dll and libwinpthread-1.dll to your application's directory.
-Windows 7, 32-bit
-CodeBlocks r13490, gcc 13.2.0, debug version

Offline jmClifford

• Single posting newcomer
Re: Project run from CB OK but not with *.exe directly
« Reply #2 on: Today at 07:13:15 am »
Hi.
Alternatively, you can manually copy libstdc++-6.dll, libgcc_s_seh-1.dll and libwinpthread-1.dll to your application's directory.
I located these 3 files in the MinGW compiler set and added them alongside the WX dll(s) in the application's directory.  This works fine (giving standalone operation), thank you.

As for the former approach of using envvars, I have already a DevC++ ide utilising the envvars.  So I am trusting that CB (and WX widgets) is atleast self containing in its operation ( after installation ).

With respect to understanding the operation of these libraries, I am correct with saying they are dynamic (due to the need to be available) as opposed to static (where I expect the library to be read and embedded in the application).

Regards JC.......