Author Topic: Using custom makefiles and build workspace  (Read 3179 times)

Offline pulsar200

• Single posting newcomer
Using custom makefiles and build workspace
« on: January 24, 2009, 05:47:53 pm »
Hi all

I'm working on a project with two dlls which I compile using custom makefiles in code::blocks. I have a workspace which contain two projects. There is one makefile for each project.

I do however have a small snag. When I select "build workspace" it first builds the first project using my custom makefile, but then proceeds to compile the project without the makefile. This gives a lot of errors and the process halts.

But all I wanted was to build all the projects in my workspace one by one using a custom makefile for each.

How do I disable that code::blocks tries compiling my files without using my makefile? Can I customize what happens when i press "build workspace"?

Thank you
Martin, Denmark

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Using custom makefiles and build workspace
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 06:11:16 pm »
This is a known issue, currently we are testing a patch, that fixes the problem and improves working wit custom makefiles a little bit:
See here.

By the way a forum search should have given you some threads about this problem.

Offline pulsar200

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 06:26:29 pm »
Hi Jens

Thank you for the info.

Actually I did try searching, but I didn't find anything.

/Martin

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 06:42:21 pm »
If I search for "custm makefiles" leave everything else as it is, I get the thread I posted as sixth (yours is the first).
If I change search-order to most recent first, it's the second (yours is still the first).