User forums > Embedded development

Codeblocks MCU / OpenOCD plugin

(1/7) > >>

martind:
Hi All,

Although still very much a work in progress, I have placed my microcontroller / OpenOCD plugin code at:

http://developer.berlios.de/projects/cbmcu/

The plugin supports OpenOCD, but hopefully in the future will support the likes of Qemu etc...
I work mainly with ST and Microchip MCU's, so have been using it for STR7 and STM32 development.
I have placed a couple of screenshots also.

I am about to release a patch to enable cbEVT_DEBUGGER_STARTED, cbEVT_DEBUGGER_PAUSED and cbEVT_DEBUGGER_FINISHED which are needed for the plugin to work.

I welcome and comments, suggestions, fixes etc...

Thanks,

Martin.

stahta01:
Directions to build workspace you need to set global variable "zip" to the folder that holds the zip executable.

Good work; I have only compiled it; but, it compiled well.

Tim S

mmkider:

--- Quote from: martind on January 12, 2009, 02:45:47 am ---Hi All,

Although still very much a work in progress, I have placed my microcontroller / OpenOCD plugin code at:

http://developer.berlios.de/projects/cbmcu/

The plugin supports OpenOCD, but hopefully in the future will support the likes of Qemu etc...
I work mainly with ST and Microchip MCU's, so have been using it for STR7 and STM32 development.
I have placed a couple of screenshots also.

I am about to release a patch to enable cbEVT_DEBUGGER_STARTED, cbEVT_DEBUGGER_PAUSED and cbEVT_DEBUGGER_FINISHED which are needed for the plugin to work.

I welcome and comments, suggestions, fixes etc...

Thanks,

Martin.

--- End quote ---
I am very interested in this cbmcu.
Thank you for your cbmcu.

Joerg:
Hi Martin,

is this plugin just for starting OpenOCD,
or is it addressing the odd break problem too?
Do I need to download your sourcefiles via
SVN and then compile C::B ?

martind:
Hi,

Thanks for you comments.

Hi Tim. I have set the zip global but it stores it in my global conf file which you don't have... should have put a note sorry.

BTW I strongly recommend a seperate mcu.conf for your microcontroller version of CB so it does not get mixed up with your windows version. You can change this on the command line, but I have hard-coded my CB version.

Hi Rekisum. Yes it does address that old break problem that has given us grief. When the cbEVT_DEBUGGER_PAUSED event is received it establishes a telnet interface and executes halt. Need to create a proper queue for OpenOCD but I will in the future.

I have submitted a patch btw for the above events. I will post the patch here and on the cbmcu website.

Cheers,

Martin.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version