Author Topic: wxWidgets Example template  (Read 7923 times)

sethjackson

wxWidgets Example template
« on: September 23, 2005, 10:13:18 pm »
I tried to compile the wxWidgets example app. but I get these errors.

Switching to target: default
Linking executable: P:\Programming\C++\wxWidgets\wxWidgets Example\wxWidgets Example.exe
Info: resolving wxAppConsole::ms_appInstance        by linking to __imp___ZN12wxAppConsole14ms_appInstanceE (auto-import)
Info: resolving wxStringBase::npos       by linking to __imp___ZN12wxStringBase4nposE (auto-import)
Info: resolving wxFrame::sm_eventTable       by linking to __imp___ZN7wxFrame13sm_eventTableE (auto-import)
Info: resolving _wxFrameNameStr by linking to __imp__wxFrameNameStr (auto-import)
Info: resolving _wxDefaultSize by linking to __imp__wxDefaultSize (auto-import)
Info: resolving _wxDefaultPosition by linking to __imp__wxDefaultPosition (auto-import)
Info: resolving vtable for wxMenuby linking to __imp___ZTV6wxMenu (auto-import)
Info: resolving vtable for wxMenuBaseby linking to __imp___ZTV10wxMenuBase (auto-import)
Info: resolving vtable for wxListBaseby linking to __imp___ZTV10wxListBase (auto-import)
Info: resolving vtable for wxObjectby linking to __imp___ZTV8wxObject (auto-import)
Info: resolving _wxEmptyString by linking to __imp__wxEmptyString (auto-import)
Info: resolving vtable for wxFrameby linking to __imp___ZTV7wxFrame (auto-import)
Info: resolving _wxEVT_COMMAND_MENU_SELECTED by linking to __imp__wxEVT_COMMAND_MENU_SELECTED (auto-import)
Info: resolving _wxEVT_NULL by linking to __imp__wxEVT_NULL (auto-import)
Info: resolving wxAppConsole::ms_appInitFn        by linking to __imp___ZN12wxAppConsole12ms_appInitFnE (auto-import)
Info: resolving vtable for wxwxMenuItemListNodeby linking to __imp___ZTV20wxwxMenuItemListNode (auto-import)
Info: resolving _wxTopLevelWindows by linking to __imp__wxTopLevelWindows (auto-import)
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.text$_ZN6wxMenuC1ERK8wxStringl[wxMenu::wxMenu(wxString const&, long)]+0x24): variable 'vtable for wxMenu' can't be auto-imported. Please read the documentation for ld's --enable-auto-import for details.
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.text$_ZN10wxMenuBaseC2ERK8wxStringl[wxMenuBase::wxMenuBase(wxString const&, long)]+0x16): variable 'vtable for wxMenuBase' can't be auto-imported. Please read the documentation for ld's --enable-auto-import for details.
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.text$_ZN10wxListBaseC2E9wxKeyType[wxListBase::wxListBase(wxKeyType)]+0x16): variable 'vtable for wxListBase' can't be auto-imported. Please read the documentation for ld's --enable-auto-import for details.
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.text$_ZN8wxObjectC2Ev[wxObject::wxObject()]+0x8): variable 'vtable for wxObject' can't be auto-imported. Please read the documentation for ld's --enable-auto-import for details.
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.text$_ZN7wxFrameC2EP8wxWindowiRK8wxStringRK7wxPointRK6wxSizelS4_[wxFrame::wxFrame(wxWindow*, int, wxString const&, wxPoint const&, wxSize const&, long, wxString const&)]+0x16): variable 'vtable for wxFrame' can't be auto-imported. Please read the documentation for ld's --enable-auto-import for details.
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.text$_ZN20wxwxMenuItemListNodeC1EP10wxListBasePS_S2_P10wxMenuItemRK9wxListKey[wxwxMenuItemListNode::wxwxMenuItemListNode(wxListBase*, wxwxMenuItemListNode*, wxwxMenuItemListNode*, wxMenuItem*, wxListKey const&)]+0x39): variable 'vtable for wxwxMenuItemListNode' can't be auto-imported. Please read the documentation for ld's --enable-auto-import for details.
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)

Also happens when it isn't compiled from P:\ happens when I compile from C:\.

I don't know what is happening here how do I fix it?

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
Re: wxWidgets Example template
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 10:46:54 pm »
Weird. Have you tried compiling from a non-root directory?

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2005, 10:53:15 pm »
Make sure you 're having WXUSINGDLL (or not) in #defines, depending on what wx you 're trying to link (static or dll)...
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

sethjackson

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2005, 11:51:34 pm »
Weird. Have you tried compiling from a non-root directory?

Yes.

C:\Documents and Settings\Seth\Desktop\wxWidgets Example\

I trying to use the static library version not the dll version.
Any other suggestions?

The project build options are the same as the build options of the C::B project.

wxWidgets version shouldn't matter should it?

By this I mean 2.6.2 instead of 2.6.1 C::B compiles fine with 2.6.2.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 11:54:04 pm by sethjackson »

grv575

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2005, 12:26:19 am »
Sure you're not compiling against the import library: libwxmsw26.a?
The static version I think is libwxmsw.a.

sethjackson

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2005, 12:37:15 am »
Sure you're not compiling against the import library: libwxmsw26.a?
The static version I think is libwxmsw.a.

Yeah I think so there is only one libwxmsw (libwxmsw26.a) in the gcc_dll directory.

I got it to work with the dll version though.....