User forums > Using Code::Blocks

LINUX: Crash when closing workspace

(1/2) > >>

st3vie:
i don't know if this might help with the crash when closing all the projects in a workspace (like in that vritualdub).
From gdb:

--- Code: ---Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
[Switching to Thread -1228278096 (LWP 7488)]
0xb79fa83c in wxGenericTreeCtrl::ItemHasChildren () from /usr/lib/libwx_gtk2u_core-2.6.so.0

--- End code ---

when i continue the program, i get the message "Something has gone wrong inside CB and it will...". When i click ok
i get the following from gdb:

--- Code: ---Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted.
0xffffe410 in __kernel_vsyscall ()

--- End code ---

now CB isn't closed yet. When i continue again i get:

--- Code: ---Couldn't get registers: No such process.

--- End code ---

now CB has closed.

-st3vie

mandrav:
I know *exactly* where it segfaults, it just doesn't make sense why...

st3vie:
since it seems to crash during the closing of the projects, i tried to close the projects manually, one-by-one. This also causes CB to crash. Not always, but often on the third project i close.

then gdb gives sometimes a different message than the one in my earlier post, like this:

--- Code: ---Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0xb79b097e in wxGenericTreeCtrl::GetNextChild () from /usr/lib/libwx_gtk2u_core-2.6.so.0
--- End code ---

-st3vie

mandrav:
If you want to have a go at it, the crash happens in sdk/globals.cpp, inside DoRememberExpandedNodes() and DoExpandRememberedNode(). It happens when the code-completion plugin sees that the active project changed (as a result of a project being closed) and asks the class browser to rebuild the class tree (for the new active project, if any).
Either the tree or a wxTreeItemId becomes invalid during the call...
What's weird is that it doesn't crash when switching between open projects (essentially the same thing: the active project changes)...

st3vie:
okay, thanks. i'll probably have a look in the weekend.

-st3vie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version