Author Topic: report the Debugger problem about the tracking into wxWidgets source  (Read 4043 times)

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
Hi, code:blocks user and developers.

I report the problem ( once I reported in this threadhttp://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,9744.msg68286.html#msg68286, but no one give me the answer)

I also find a workaround to solve the problem. (I'm using nightly build version of codeblocks in windows)

The problem:

I installed wxWidgets in D:\wxWidgets-2.8.9
And I create a simple wxWidgets project in d:\test\test1 and I link this project with Debug version of wxWidgets library

So, when I debug my program, I try to step into the wxWidgets source, but the GDB says "Cannot open file: D:\src\msw\window.cpp"  which means GDB can't find the wxWidgets source file locations.

workaround method
I just move my test1 to the "D:\wxWidgets-2.8.9\samples" , then , GDB can locate the wxWidgets source file, so I can debug into the wxWidgets.

suggestion
I think that the wxWidgets just store some relateive path like ..\..\scr\msw\window.cpp in it's debug library file. I have tried some other method like : add some source path to GDB or rebuild the wxWidget library manually. (I fisrtly use wxPack). But all of the attempts failed.

I suggest some guru can give a more convenient method to debug into some library source. Thanks.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.