Author Topic: Not compiling in Fedora 9  (Read 3914 times)

Offline someguy99

• Single posting newcomer
Not compiling in Fedora 9
« on: December 21, 2008, 12:32:00 pm »
Hello,ive only used Dev C++ before,when i used Windows.Not that i got Fedora 9 Linux,i got Code::Blocks because ive heard much about it before.
The problem is,i cant compile anything.When i choose to Build(the console demo program,in C++),it outputs ''Nothing to be done''.
I dont know whats the matter.The compiler is set to 'GNU GCC Compiler'.
The list of compilers are:
'GNU GCC Compiler,
Intel C/C++ Compiler,
SDCC,
Tiny C,
GDC D,
Digital Mars D,
GNU ARM GCC,
GNU AVR GCC,
GNU GCC Compiler for Power PC,
GNU GCC Compiler for TriCore.
 What am i doing wrong??

Offline someguy99

Re: Not compiling in Fedora 9
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 02:26:47 pm »
I think i fixed it myself: for some reason Code::Blocks is searching for gcc and g++ in the usr/lib/... ,while they are in usr/bin/...
I went to Settings/Compiler and debugger/Global compiler settings/Toolchain executables and changed them to usr/bin.
Though when i try to change the paths again,i get ''Error stating file '/usr/bin/bin: No such file or directory''(not ''usr/bin'').Weird.But anyway,it works,and thats whats important.
Is this a known bug?
Btw,when i locate the binary file,i cant run it by double clicking.But when i choose to run it from Code::Blocks,it runs.What should i do?

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 09:11:19 pm »
I think i fixed it myself: for some reason Code::Blocks is searching for gcc and g++ in the usr/lib/... ,while they are in usr/bin/...
I went to Settings/Compiler and debugger/Global compiler settings/Toolchain executables and changed them to usr/bin.
Though when i try to change the paths again,i get ''Error stating file '/usr/bin/bin: No such file or directory''(not ''usr/bin'').Weird.But anyway,it works,and thats whats important.
Is this a known bug?
Btw,when i locate the binary file,i cant run it by double clicking.But when i choose to run it from Code::Blocks,it runs.What should i do?

Did you read the note, below the textbox, with the label "Compiler's installation directory" in the "Toolchain executables" tab ?

NOTE: All programs below, must exist either in the "bin" sub-directory of this path or in any of the "Additional paths"...

I think that should explain why it searches for "/usr/bin/bin" .

Offline someguy99

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 10:02:52 am »
What about the executable created?Double-clicking doesnt start it(but running from Code::Blocks works).

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 11:16:58 am »
cd to the dir where it is (the executable) and try to start it from commandline.

It might be a problem with libs not found.
If that's the case set LD_LIBRARY_PATH properly, or place the libs in a standard libdir like /usr/lib.