Author Topic: Can't see error messages  (Read 112270 times)

-RooneY-

Can't see error messages
« on: December 13, 2008, 08:09:39 pm »
Hi all,

Code::Blocks has been an amazing IDE but after some initial time, I don't exactly remember what happened, the error messages which appeared at the bottom of the screen just disappeared. The window at the bottom is no longer there and although I have explored and tried everything, I can't see any error messages. Just a breakpoint on the line where error exists. I have tried reinstalling several times as well.

Any help would be absolutely fantastic,

Regards
Rooney

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Can't see error messages
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 08:19:02 pm »
Hi all,

Code::Blocks has been an amazing IDE but after some initial time, I don't exactly remember what happened, the error messages which appeared at the bottom of the screen just disappeared. The window at the bottom is no longer there and although I have explored and tried everything, I can't see any error messages. Just a breakpoint on the line where error exists. I have tried reinstalling several times as well.

Any help would be absolutely fantastic,

Regards
Rooney

What do you mean if you say the window at the bottom is no longer there ?
Do you mean the whole logger window, including codeblocks log, search pane etc ?

Make sure that "View -> Logs" is checked.

If that does not help, you can try to delete the current layout ("View -> Layouts -> Delete current").

By the way:
you should always post which version of C::B, which OS (and version) and which wxWidgets-version you use.

-RooneY-

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 08:48:03 pm »
Oh damn,

Thank you Jens !

The first solution you told, solved it.

I knew I would feel dumb after getting it right  :)

Offline pmahesha

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 07:23:24 pm »
I have the same issue now. Even after Logs is checked in view menu, log window does not appear.  I am using CB16.01 and in this I do not see View-> Layouts menu at all. So how to reset all windows to default?

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 10:46:42 pm »
@pmahesha:

Edit2: OS means operating system

By the way:
you should always post which version of C::B, which OS (and version) and which wxWidgets-version you use.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 11:17:05 pm »
I have the same issue now. Even after Logs is checked in view menu, log window does not appear.  I am using CB16.01 and in this I do not see View-> Layouts menu at all. So how to reset all windows to default?
You post in a nine year old thread and some things have changed, including menutitles.
It's "View -> perspectives" now.

Offline pmahesha

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 06:29:28 pm »
That worked (Perspectives -> Delete current)