Author Topic: Using middle click to copy & paste text under GNU/Linux.  (Read 9230 times)

Offline firew4lker

• Single posting newcomer
Using middle click to copy & paste text under GNU/Linux.
« on: March 12, 2010, 03:41:06 pm »
Hello everyone!

I am using C::B for some time now under Linux. I have noticed that selecting and copy function doesn't work properly. A normal operation would be the selected text of the code window to be placed to the clipboard (the one X uses) and pasted when mouse's middle click is pressed. This feature doesn't work for me when the selected text is located to the code window.

Like the picture bellow. After selecting the text pressing the middle click to another place of the code nothing happens.

If I select some text from the debug window, or any other external application, file etc. (images bellow) it will be pasted as expected on the code window.

I searched through the forum and the Internet. I found some references that showed to be related but I couldn't find a solution.

I am using ArchLinux linux-2.6.32-9 and Code::Blocks 8.02 wx-2.8.10

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Using middle click to copy & paste text under GNU/Linux.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 04:01:51 pm »
Try a recent nightly/svn build and the mousesap plugin (never tried it myself thought:( )

This is problem in wxGTK and can't be fixed easily :(
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline firew4lker

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 04:45:34 pm »
Thanks you for your reply!

I have to download the following?

http://code.google.com/p/cbkeymacs/downloads/list

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 04:59:53 pm »
No. The MouseSap is part of the contrib plugins in the C::B's source tree/distribution.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]