Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Compiler Framework Redesign

Compiler options per file

<< < (3/4) > >>

yesno:
A possible solution could be the introduction of a new target type:
no real target would be made (like command-line target) but a bunch of object files
plus the possibility of adding external object files for the real target without adding it's object file path but having an absolute or relative path like the other files.

With kind regards

Ceniza:

--- Quote from: MortenMacFly on February 18, 2009, 07:24:14 am ---
--- Quote from: Ceniza on February 17, 2009, 09:22:22 pm ---Still, the MSVC importer won't fill in that one.

--- End quote ---
OK - got that one. Can you provide an example MSVC project? It should be easy to add to the importer...

--- End quote ---

By request of Bloody Cake, attached to this post is a project file with such an evil thing.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ceniza:
Dear Bloody Cake,

There's another little issue with it: how to convert the MSVC syntax to GCC's? Even if the MSVC importer is modified to take that information into account, the syntax will still be that of MSVC. It looks like an MSVC to GCC converter would also come handy. Imagine how nice it would be to give this little thingy a command line to compile something with MSVC, and it converted it to GCC's syntax. That would make compiling an MSVC project with Code::Blocks a piece of cake (bloody, if possible).

What surprises me the most is that my previous post is more than a month old, and you did not reply. Where's the love, man?

MortenMacFly:

--- Quote from: Ceniza on March 27, 2009, 07:00:15 pm ---Where's the love, man?

--- End quote ---
Dunno. The file is still in my ToDo folder. Hence from what I saw I now realise what this would actually mean. But it makes no sense to me in fact. I would like to know how they made this VC project file. How on earth is willing to put separate compile commands for each file? What's the sense of that???

Anyways - I still believe it's possible, but this would mean to override each's file compile command. We would need to setup an interface for plugins to allow them to do so. But to be honest: Although it's on my ToDo list I won't have a high priority for me.

The other thing (from your previous post): We had that discussion already. But that's not easy to do - you would need to take into account different MS compiler versions, too if you want to make it "perfect". We decided in the past that this is nothing we want to do (as we would need to do it for each and every compiler and for each and every version)...

Ceniza:

--- Quote from: Bloody Cake ---I would like to know how they made this VC project file. How on earth is willing to put separate compile commands for each file? What's the sense of that???
--- End quote ---

I think they did that with a generator program. They even use one to output C++ code out of cdl files (which I think is something they came up with).

--- Quote from: Bloody cake ---We decided in the past that this is nothing we want to do (as we would need to do it for each and every compiler and for each and every version)...
--- End quote ---

Well, depending on how you do it, it could turn out to be easy, so easy that users could contribute to it without much effort. At least being able to convert the basic stuff would be quite handy, don't you think? Making it "perfect" and complete would come with time and contributions. I could probably give it a try, but later. I still want to enjoy my free time with other activities by now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version