Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Compiler Framework Redesign

Compiler options per file

(1/4) > >>

Ceniza:
Hallo,

Today I tried to compile the most "basic" project file of Open CASCADE, after converting it to a Code::Blocks project file. To my surprise, both defines and include directories were specified per file. Trying to extract all that information (which is quite a lot) and putting it as project global stuff is NOT really the way to go here. It would be nice to have that possibility in Code::Blocks, and update the VS importer to convert that file specific information to the new (if implemented) Code::Blocks format for it.

Is it in the TODO list somewhere for the new compiler framework to have this option, or maybe to add it to the current implementation?

zak:
Hi,

do you have some news about this topic?

--- Quote from: Ceniza on November 25, 2008, 07:18:00 pm ---Hallo,

Today I tried to compile the most "basic" project file of Open CASCADE, after converting it to a Code::Blocks project file. To my surprise, both defines and include directories were specified per file. Trying to extract all that information (which is quite a lot) and putting it as project global stuff is NOT really the way to go here. It would be nice to have that possibility in Code::Blocks, and update the VS importer to convert that file specific information to the new (if implemented) Code::Blocks format for it.

Is it in the TODO list somewhere for the new compiler framework to have this option, or maybe to add it to the current implementation?

--- End quote ---

thanks, g

Ceniza:
No news :(

I'm also compiling a list of little things that VS does that would be nice if CB did them too. I'll probably post them at the end of the week to be considered by everyone.

Coming back to the topic, I expected the Don to have a word about it. Don? :P

ollydbg:
Good idea!
I'm waiting for the comming weekend. :P

mandrav:

--- Quote from: Ceniza on February 10, 2009, 08:02:51 pm ---Coming back to the topic, I expected the Don to have a word about it. Don? :P

--- End quote ---

Hm, I didn't really understand what the problem is. Can you be more specific?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version