User forums > General (but related to Code::Blocks)

Request: Add Icon for single file compile

(1/2) > >>

doscott:
Perhaps the sprocket with a 1, or half of a sprocket. It should compile the currently focused tab.

Not an urgent requirement, but it is a pain to find the file in the tree view when it is not shown.

mandrav:
Ctrl-Shift-F9?

doscott:
For us old guys with carpel tundrel in both hands an icon would be nice.  :lol:

This one for me would be more useful than the "New Project" one in terms of the amount of use. Anyhow, I'm sure someday it will all be configurable anyways.

mandrav:
Just wondered if you were aware of the shortcut ;)

doscott:
Yes, I think I've been through just about every menu.

I started looking for a good IDE that would work under both Linux and Windows a couple of years ago. I found MinGW Developer Studio, but when Parinya disappeared for a while, and his instance that he won't open source it, I kept looking.

Next was Eclipse/CDT. This has really come a long ways, and so far is the best under Linux. It works great under Windows as well, but it doesn't really work well with resource files.

I then stumbled across Code::Blocks (windows) and gave it a try. Under windows it is the best I have found so far. Compared to Eclipse it has the following pluses:
+single file compile
+doesn't carry the bulk of java

Under Linux so far it has been a bit frustrating, but I realize it is early yet:
-single file compile checks all files before compiling the single one
-watches not working

The only thing I don't like, and maybe you can explain why, is the requirement for a dynamic wxWidgets build with unicode, instead of allowing a static build with or without unicode. It's all easy enough to get around in Windows, but I haven't figured out how in Linux to accomodate both, and debugging with unicode is a pain.

Anyhow, keep up the excellent work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version