Author Topic: Plugin Development on Windows  (Read 5766 times)

Offline igorevc

• Multiple posting newcomer
Plugin Development on Windows
« on: November 06, 2008, 06:01:21 pm »
Good day to you.

I'm trying to develop a simple plugin (HelloWorld) for Code::Blocks on Windows Vista,
to better understand how it works.

Sadly, it needs include files that Code::Blocks doesn't possess. I'm using the bundled version with MinGW.

Mainly logmanager.h, sdk.h and configurationpanel.h .

After some research, I found out that it needs some files from codeblocks-devel, but they are only
available for Linux.

Is there an equivalent "codeblocks-devel" for Windows or is it necessary to develop a plugin on Linux?

What must I do?

Thanks for your attention.

Offline XayC

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Plugin Development on Windows
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 06:55:08 pm »
There's an article in the CB Wiki that explains the basics of plug-in development.

Those file are part of the Code::Blocks SDK (which is also part of the program sources). So you have to download the sources, either from the download page or using SVN. As mentioned in the article you'll also need the wxWidgets sources.

Regards, XayC.

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
Re: Plugin Development on Windows
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 05:33:13 pm »
Good day to you.

I'm trying to develop a simple plugin (HelloWorld) for Code::Blocks on Windows Vista,
to better understand how it works.

Sadly, it needs include files that Code::Blocks doesn't possess. I'm using the bundled version with MinGW.

Mainly logmanager.h, sdk.h and configurationpanel.h .

After some research, I found out that it needs some files from codeblocks-devel, but they are only
available for Linux.

Is there an equivalent "codeblocks-devel" for Windows or is it necessary to develop a plugin on Linux?

What must I do?

Thanks for your attention.

You can see the wiki page here:
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Installing_Code::Blocks_from_source_on_Windows
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.