Author Topic: Change the action of the Run command  (Read 11001 times)

Offline pacopizz

• Single posting newcomer
Change the action of the Run command
« on: October 21, 2008, 04:51:39 pm »
Hello everybody,
I am completing the configuration of C::B for using it with C++ compiler for IPC@Chip. (www.beck-ipc.com).
I integrated successfully some tools in the Tools menu, and I use one of them for transfering and launching the executable produced directly on the target.
Is it possible to perform the same action from the menu Build -> Run ?
Best regard.
Pascal.

mariocup

Re: Change the action of the Run command
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 09:46:50 pm »
Hi pacopizz,

you could go to settings->compiler and debuggers then select the copy button for a compiler and finally configure the toolchain executables for your compiler.

Bye,

Mario

Offline pacopizz

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 12:32:04 am »
Hi Mariocup,
I apologise for my poor english, maybe I haven't be very clear.
The solution you suggested me is already done, I can make my programs very well.
I don't want to run the exe file on the station on which C::B is running.
I'm looking now for a way to have my own utility behind the Run button in the Build menu. This utility allow me to upload my exe file in my target and run it on this target.
Thank You,
Pascal.

mariocup

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 07:09:59 am »
I'm looking now for a way to have my own utility behind the Run button in the Build menu. This utility allow me to upload my exe file in my target and run it on this target.

It is still not clear to me what you want to do. Can you give me an example of the intended workflow and on which target you want to run your exe file.

Bye,

Mario

Offline pacopizz

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 01:11:10 pm »
OK,
I don't have any problem when building my target program, the compiler and the linker are well configurated.
If I click on the menu Build -> Run, C::B will launch cb_console_runner with my target program as parameter. So, C::B will try to execute this target program on my computer, and I don't want this.
I have my utility, named Postmake. I can launch it by the Tools menu, and it transfers the target program on my target (IPC@Chip) and launch it on this target too.
The idea is to launch Postmake by clicking on the menu Build -> Run. Is that possible ?
Thank You,
Pascal.