Author Topic: broken main.c  (Read 11573 times)

Offline aucomint

• Single posting newcomer
broken main.c
« on: October 05, 2008, 06:06:44 pm »
Hello folks,

I'm a beginner with Code::Blocks, which I've just installed minutes ago. My machine is set up with Linux Mandriva and I chose C::B v8.02. Well, once installation done I created a new project, using Console Application, I selected C language and GNU GCC compiler. Well, in this project, on the left, under "sources" there is a little program called main.c. The problem is that when I double click on it, in order to get it in the main frame, it wouldn't work. Instead, I get an error message saying: "Could not open the file 'main.c'. The file does not exist.".

Does anybody have an idea about what it could be due to? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please, forgive my English, which must not be perfect, it's not my mother tongue.

mariocup

Re: broken main.c
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 07:08:00 pm »
Hi aucomint,

if the icon of the file main.c is broken in the manager view, then it means that the file does not exists on your file system. If it exists please attach your CB project with sources and we can have a look at it.

Bye,

Mario

Offline aucomint

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 07:27:29 pm »
Hi Mario and thanks for having answered me so quickly.

The file main.c does exist on my hard drive. Here it is: /usr/local/share/codeblocks/templates/wizard/console/c

Well, I've just tried it again and now for some reason it works. The main.c is correct. I'm thinking about it now and maybe he has to do with the fact that I saved my new project using the same name as the previous project I created with CB v1.0. Now I'm using CB 8.02 and I wonder if there are still some traces of the old project.

ThiagoBK

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 12:28:19 am »
Hi. I have this same problem. But when I change the original folder save, this came be work.