Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Contributions to C::B

BOUNTY: bakefile - Output: C::B Project Files

<< < (2/7) > >>

takeshimiya:
<CodeBlocks-project-file> sounds better :)

rickg22:

--- Quote from: takeshimiya on September 17, 2005, 10:07:07 pm ---<CodeBlocks-project-file> sounds better :)

--- End quote ---

Um... is the dash allowed as a tag name?

mandrav:
OK, I changed all codeblocks XML files to use <CodeBlocks_*> instead of <Code::Blocks_*>.
For obvious reasons, the old tag is still recognized.

yop:
How do you think that bakefile support will be integraded with c::b? I am curently in the process of making c::b work with qmake as a makefile generator (I 'll open a thread explaining and asking some questions) and the best solution seems to be integrated as a compiler option under "invoke compiler directly" etc. If anyone has any other thoughts I'm more than interested...
P.S. Seems codeblocks in the near future will not only be able to use any compiler out there but also any makefile generator :wink:

ABX:

--- Quote from: takeshimiya on September 17, 2005, 02:18:20 am ---Hi! I think that it's very important to add support for C::B project files in the bakefile project.

Currently with a bakefile you can generate:
-MS Visual C++ projects
-MS eMbedded Visual C++ projects
-Borland C++ Builder X projects
-Xcode 2 projects
-MS Visual C++ makefiles
-MinGW makefiles
-GNU GCC makefiles
-Borland makefiles
-Digital Mars makefiles
-Open Watcom makefiles
-Autoconf support
--- End quote ---

Note that you missed symbian format and you missed that some of listed formats are experimental (or unfinished). There is also on-going new format(s).

--- Quote from: takeshimiya on September 17, 2005, 02:18:20 am ---As wxWidgets uses bakefiles (well, bakefiles are developed by Vaclav, one of the leaders of wx), you can for example, compile the wx lib and samples with only 1 or 2 clicks when using the projects of MSVC or others.
--- End quote ---

Vaclav is bakefile coordinator and main designer but there is more developers (including me).

--- Quote from: takeshimiya on September 17, 2005, 02:18:20 am ---So, if bakefiles supports as an output the .cbp Code::Blocks project files, it will be very easy to compile for example the wx lib.
--- End quote ---

I can prepare Code::Blocks format as long as you could give me specification of your project file format.

ABX

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version