Author Topic: RAD project templates...  (Read 10159 times)

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
RAD project templates...
« on: September 16, 2005, 05:43:49 pm »
I was thinking. When we get wxSmith to be fully working... perhaps it should be a good idea to have basic templates, like "wxWidgets SDI application", "wxWidgets MDI application", etc. along with XRC's so the average Joe User can start designing his cool windows like he does in Visual Basic...

what do you think?

takeshimiya

Re: RAD project templates...
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 05:47:15 pm »
I don't think there is anyone in the world that would say no.

Offline squizzz

• Almost regular
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 09:22:36 pm »
The other question is - will wxSmith work out of the box? (it requires wxWidgets libs on Joe's computer in order to compile)
this space is for rent

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 10:06:41 pm »
The other question is - will wxSmith work out of the box? (it requires wxWidgets libs on Joe's computer in order to compile)

When it reaches a stable state, it will be bundled with C::B setup for windows and added in the autotools build system for the other platforms.
So, yes it 'll work out of the box :)
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2005, 11:44:26 pm »
Creating project templates was one of my future TODO-s and out-of-the-box version one of my aims. You just read in my mind ;)

BTW. Is there any tutorial describing how to create templates ?

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2005, 11:54:00 pm »
I was also thinking... would it be possible to check for the existance of certain libraries before creating a project from template? i.e. "The wxWidgets libary required by this template could not be found. You need to download and install the wxWidgets libraries (static version) first. [OK]"

That would rock :-)

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2005, 12:16:46 am »
I was also thinking... would it be possible to check for the existance of certain libraries before creating a project from template? i.e. "The wxWidgets libary required by this template could not be found. You need to download and install the wxWidgets libraries (static version) first. [OK]"

That would rock :-)

Hmm, I've had an idea that Code::Blocks could have a database of libraries (containing f.ex. build options required by library) - installing library in system should be followed by adding it to database. It would ease including library in project - just by selecting needed libraries. It would solve most of problems with different library configurations and portability - if library is properly configured in C::B database it will work with all projects using it. What do You think about that ?