Author Topic: GNU tools plugin  (Read 6896 times)

Offline fenixk19

• Multiple posting newcomer
GNU tools plugin
« on: February 03, 2008, 07:45:03 pm »
What about creating a plugin, that would create a set of files, that is usually shiped with gnu software: configure, config.h.in, Makefile.am, etc? It would be a pretty interface for automake&autoconf. Developers make a set of files to compile their project on a machine without CodeBlocks. An, mainly, it will create config.h to make developing with codeblocks more embedded. I'm totally newbie to CB plugins development, and i'am not in with gnu tools. I can try to make this plugin, but i need someones help to begin. Where should i start from?

Offline orel

Re: GNU tools plugin
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 01:26:40 am »
Before starting such a plugin, which IMHO would be a useful one, you should really start learning and using how GNU tools works.
That should be a good start ;-)

Then if you need for plugin design/development, you can come here and ask for some help at this forum part, you'll be welcome.
windows XP SP2
mingw gcc 3.4.5
svn Code::Blocks and M$ Visual Studio 2005 and .NET to eat!! SVNInside plugin :http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,7063.0.html

Offline fenixk19

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 09:56:24 pm »
Ok. I'll go reading manuals  :)

Offline fenixk19

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 09:58:04 pm »
I've begin writing plugin. My project is here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocksgnubt/
Some of code is here, but it doesn't do his work yet. And i have a problem - for some reason codeblocks fails, when i try to open wxsmith file GnuToolsConfig. I believe it is because of RadioBoxes. But it compiles and works ok.

Offline skiter

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 08:20:45 am »
Can you make a binary version of this plugin to add to 8.02?

Offline libfab

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 11:03:57 pm »
Fenixk, your plugin is quite an interesting one, and it shouldn't be too hard to make it work properly I think. Under Linux, it crashes on launching configure file generation, however. As I see the latest SVN commits date back from eight months or so, I wonder, did you drop the project? Would be a pity.
Fab