Author Topic: Questions for Debug in C::B  (Read 4921 times)

Offline lehe

• Multiple posting newcomer
Questions for Debug in C::B
« on: April 25, 2009, 01:28:24 am »
Hi,
I am using  C::B svn 5532. But the following two debugging problems have also been existing in older versions:

1. If a breakpoint is set at some loop and the execution resumes from there, the loop execution will be very slow and seems to run forever, which is abnormal since the execution of the loop will be very fast if without a breakpoint there. In such case, I found a *trick* to accelerate it by setting another breakpoints a few lines ahead, which will  make the program go over the loop and stop at that breakpoint added ahead.  However this will give "Program received signal SIGINT, Interrupt" information in Debug window. So I doubt if this trick actually works at all.

2. When my program stops at a breakpoint and I want to switch to another stack, clicking on the stack in the stack window doesn't work since the variables of that stack are still not defined in the current scope. The only way I found can work is to type gdb command in Debug->Send user command to debugger.

Are these really problems of C::B or am I missing something? Please comment.  Thank you very much!

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
Re: Questions for Debug in C::B
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 02:18:17 am »
2. When my program stops at a breakpoint and I want to switch to another stack, clicking on the stack in the stack window doesn't work since the variables of that stack are still not defined in the current scope. The only way I found can work is to type gdb command in Debug->Send user command to debugger.
Double-click the line to switch to that stack frame.
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)

Offline lehe

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Questions for Debug in C::B
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 02:32:14 am »
Thanks!
I just found right-click on the stack line will pop out an option "Switch to this frame" which works, but double-click doesn't work.

Does someone know about my first problem?  Does the "Program received signal SIGINT, Interrupt" info mean that the loop is not properly executed?