Author Topic: Weird little bugs  (Read 4663 times)

Offline oZZ

• Multiple posting newcomer
Weird little bugs
« on: June 02, 2008, 04:55:01 am »
I've been using C::B for probably 18 months now, and lately I've been having some weird bugs.  I've tried reinstalling new versions, creating new projects, removing my App data directory (I run windows), and no luck.

Bugs:
1. When I get a compiler error, it shows the filename that caused the problem in the messages window.  I double click the message line and it opens up the file, however the file is empty.  The filename in the bottom left hand corner of the window, (the status bar), shows the correct full path.  If I open the file from the project panel, the file opens correctly with the exact same path showing in the status bar.

2. This is an extension of 1 I think.  The debugger doesn't recognize breakpoints anymore.  When I try creating a breakpoint while the debugger is running it says "filename: line not found" in the status bar, indicating, to me at least, that it thinks it's an empty file.

3. Symbols aren't being resolved by the debugger anymore.

I've tried versions from 8.02 up to every nightly build since then, I've killed the app data directory, uninstalled, installed in different locations, and nothing.

Thanks!
-Shawn.

Offline dje

• Lives here!
Re: Weird little bugs
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 12:51:24 pm »
Hi !

Does your file path contains special chars, spaces or so on ?

Dje

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 05:16:59 pm »
You're still lucky. I've had it crash while saving a file a few minutes ago. This hasn't happened in over 2 years :(
Dump file says "cbThreadPool", so it's code completion once again :(
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 05:58:16 pm »
Dump file says "cbThreadPool", so it's code completion once again :(
Naaah! Must be a contrib or the logger! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline oZZ

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 07:54:27 pm »
Hi !

Does your file path contains special chars, spaces or so on ?

Dje
Nope, no spaces or special characters.

Offline AndiDog

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 08:03:27 pm »
When I get a compiler error, it shows the filename that caused the problem in the messages window.  I double click the message line and it opens up the file, however the file is empty.  The filename in the bottom left hand corner of the window, (the status bar), shows the correct full path.  If I open the file from the project panel, the file opens correctly with the exact same path showing in the status bar.

I encountered (almost) the same problem: When compiler errors occur, C::B jumps to the first error in the corresponding file, alright. For linker errors, the source code file that contains for example, the undefined reference, is opened - but it is empty (and the status bar path is correct).

EDIT: Using SVN 5020.