Author Topic: Linker error: process terminated with a status 255 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)  (Read 10367 times)

Offline mholt

• Single posting newcomer
I have finally gotten my imported Visual C++ 2008 project to build with 0 errors. (It has about 10 warnings, but mostly because of "depreciated" functions. I'm not too worried about that right now.)

When I try to execute it, though, I get an error:

Checking for existence: T:\Source\MyApp\MyApp.exe
Executing: "T:\Source\MyApp\MyApp.exe" (in T:\Source\MyApp\.)

Process terminated with status 255 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)

I find the .exe file in Windows Explorer and run it but nothing happens. I checked the process list and it's not there. But it's 347 KB, which sounds about right.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Any idea what's going on?
Seems you app crashes silently - e.g. very early in the initialisation. Try debugging (of couse with debugging symbols enabled.)! What compiler did you use???
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Deschamps

• Multiple posting newcomer
I find the .exe file in Windows Explorer and run it but nothing happens

You could also try running your app from the console (command line) window. Maybe, there is an error message reported there.

Regards.
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Offline mholt

• Single posting newcomer
I find the .exe file in Windows Explorer and run it but nothing happens

You could also try running your app from the console (command line) window. Maybe, there is an error message reported there.

Regards.

Nope, no error message. Just goes back to the prompt.

Morten: I'm using the Visual Studio 2008 compiler. It's a project imported from VS2008. Ultimately, I just need to get all the code from external libraries that it requires into the single executable.