Author Topic: File dependencies within one project?  (Read 2745 times)

Ryozanpaku Tiger

File dependencies within one project?
« on: April 22, 2008, 06:40:15 pm »
Dear all,

I have migrated to CB from VF and now I learn to use it. I have created a new project, inculding a dozen of files, which have dependencies on each other. When I try to build the project, I have to build one file after another. How can I let CB know the dependencies?

Thank you!

Offline Deschamps

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: File dependencies within one project?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 12:40:56 pm »
Quote from: Ryozanpaku Tiger
(..) I have created a new project, inculding a dozen of files, which have dependencies on each other. When I try to build the project, I have to build one file after another. How can I let CB know the dependencies? (..)

Hello.

Right-click over a file name, select properties, open the build tab, and configure the priority weight slider (lower vaules mean higher priority while compiling, i.e. files compiled before than others with highest values).

Moreover, if there are sets of files that can be compiled together, then you could create some different projects, including in each of them all those files which can be compiled without dependencies between themselves. So that, you'll have a project (or more) with all the files that are needed before compiliing other files and you can configure your projects dependencies looking at your project properties (right click on the project name, select properties, project settings tab, project's dependencies button). There you could select those projects (files, in fact) that are needed before building the selected project (i.e. the other files). You could also save the whole workspace, so you can use these configuration when you want in the future.

Regards.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 12:49:40 pm by Deschamps »
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Ryozanpaku Tiger

Re: File dependencies within one project?
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 10:14:15 pm »
Deschamps, thank you very-very much!