Author Topic: Codeblocks crashes when i try to remove files from a project.  (Read 3504 times)

Wiccy

Hi all, ive just downloaded and installed codeblocks 8.02 and i am trying to build a project i downloaded from the web and all manner of problems have occurred with this new version.   the main ones are that codeblocks says that my project refers to an invalid compiler [YOUR ANSWER IS ALREADY THERE. SEARCH THE FORUMS!] (ive set it to GNU GCC so i know its not)  and second is that i need to remove the files and re-add them as many have changed and some are no longer needed.   When i try and do this, codeblocks just quits, doesnt give an error or anything, it just quits.

Has anyone else had problems with this?  is there a setting im missing?

Thanks in advance

mariocup

Re: Codeblocks crashes when i try to remove files from a project.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 09:32:28 pm »
Hi Wiccy,

if codeblocks says that the project uses an invalid compiler [YOUR ANSWER IS ALREADY THERE. SEARCH THE FORUMS!] the reason is that the configuration of the compiler is not correct. Select the menu Settings->Compiler and Debugger and switch to the tab Toolchain executables. Then perform an auto-detect for your compiler or edit the path manually and modify your configuration.

Bye,

Mario

Offline er

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Codeblocks crashes when i try to remove files from a project.
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 01:08:45 am »
hello all,

i've been using codeblocks w/o problem for less than a month and suddenly the occurence of crashes has increased dramatically (up to once every 2 minutes). not sure if this is connected to a particular project or action (except that it happens during editing).

right now i'm just looking for some guidance to *identify* the problem, since i don't get any error message upon quitting or restarting cb. are there any logs and such that i can look into?

please help! thanks!
Code::Blocks 10.05/ Mac OS X 10.6.4/GCC