Author Topic: Can't set project dependencies  (Read 5082 times)

Offline jomeggs

• Multiple posting newcomer
Can't set project dependencies
« on: April 13, 2008, 08:24:09 pm »
Hi,

currently it's not possible for me to set project dependencies. I've 5 projects in my workspace. In the projects window, I selected my active project and right-clicked to get the popupmenu. After that I clicked "Properties" and then the button "Projects dependencies...". Here then, I clicked the checkboxes of two dependant projects. All seems to be ok.

After closing and reopening the dependencies window the checkboxes are marked as expected. I saved the project and closed Code::Blocks. After reopening Code::Blocks, the named checkboxes are no longer marked, the dependencies are gone.

Windows XP
CB svn 5000

Offline jomeggs

Re: Can't set project dependencies
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 12:23:03 am »
The dependencies will be saved if I manually select "Save Workspace" before closing Code::Blocks.

"Save Project" + "Save everything" or simply "Save Project" won't work. Curious... :?

Offline Belgabor

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 08:18:40 pm »
Not really curious as dependencies are a workspace property, not a project property. It's just edited through the project settings dialog :)

Offline jomeggs

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 08:27:15 pm »
Not really curious as dependencies are a workspace property, not a project property.

I nearly can't believe. I selected explicitly "Projects dependencies" from menu. Shure, there is a relation between workspace and project, but the dependencies have to project properties. I'm wrong at this point??

Edit
But, you are right, the dependencies are saved in workspace file...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 08:30:33 pm by jomeggs »