User forums > Help

How to compile wxWidgets 2.6.1 in C::B with VCTK2003?

(1/2) > >>

cherokee:
I use C::B rc1-1, compiler is VCTK2003.
I encountered serveral errors:
1. setup.h,  I copy it manuly, pass it
2. version.h, I add a directory manuly, pass it
3. info is below:
Project   : wx_gl
Compiler  : Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003 (called directly)
Directory : D:\wxWidgets-2.6.1\build\msw\
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Switching to target: gl - Win32 Debug
glcanvas.cpp
..\..\include\wx\buffer.h(96) : error C3861: 'strdup': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
..\..\include\wx\buffer.h(96) : fatal error C1903: unable to recover from previous error(s); stopping compilation
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
2 errors, 0 warnings

I already searched this forum, only find a Command-Line compile wx261 with VCTK2003.
I hope that somebody who compile wx261 successful with VCTK2003 can describe the steps:

tiwag:

--- Quote from: cherokee ---...I already searched this forum, only find a Command-Line compile wx261 with VCTK2003...

--- End quote ---
use nmake as you found already in the forum, this will work.

cherokee:
I don't want to use Command-Line.  I have already assigned correctly programs such as nmake etc. And I retry it, but the error is still.

I have already installed VC++ 6.0, Platform SDK, VCTK2003.

Does these conflict?

zieQ:
The problem is that the visual importers are maybe not perfect yet, so projects files shipped with wxWidget may miss some options in C::B. I'll also suggest you to use command-line, otherwise, see the wiki ;) Seems that the problem is related to wxWidgets, not C::B, except if you have conflicts with VC6 and VCToolkit! Can you show us the C::B compiler settings?

cherokee:
Thanks very much. my compiler settings is as below:

compiler is : microsoft visual c++ toolkit 2003

Compiler Settings -> Programs Tab:
Compiler's installation directory:  D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003
C/C++ compiler: cl.exe
linker: link.exe
Debugger: windbg.exe
Resource compiler: RC.exe
make program: nmake.exe
Additional paths: D:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Bin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version