Author Topic: Tabs-to-Spaces  (Read 22058 times)

takeshimiya

Re: Tabs-to-Spaces
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2005, 01:52:56 am »
About the TortoiseCVS Make Patch function, I read somewhere that it's NOT recommended to use because it doesn't accepts diff -u (unified format) parameter, even if you specify to do so.
BTW, I don't tried to see if it's true or has changed.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 02:38:14 am by takeshimiya »

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
OT: Re: Tabs-to-Spaces
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2005, 07:45:08 am »
About the TortoiseCVS Make Patch function, I read somewhere that it's NOT recommended to use because it doesn't accepts diff -u (unified format) parameter, even if you specify to do so.
BTW, I don't tried to see if it's true or has changed.

i use
Code
cvs diff -u
evey day, but also encountered some problems with Tortoise CVS

my solution for this is simple:
i installed WinCVS, which installes a separate copy of
"Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.51d (client/server)"
be sure to have it in your path settings and you can use from the commandline
Code
cvs diff -u

that works great parallel to TortoiseCVS, which comes with another copy of CVSNT
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 07:47:29 am by tiwag »

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Tabs-to-Spaces
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2005, 01:10:57 pm »
Coming back to #4 three weeks later... :)

After removing stale spaces from 6 header files for the 3rd time today, I wanted to know at least what made it go wrong.
This is one out of a several constellations (all related to preprocessor directives) which provoke the no-newline-at-end-of-file error:
Code
#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C"
  {
    PLUGIN_EXPORT cbPlugin* GetPlugin();
  };
#endif

Another strange effect is duplication of the last line in the file if you additionally wrap the above into a standard multiple-inclusion protection. Funnily, that phenomenon does not occur if the curly braces are wrapped into individual #ifdefs.
That, however, I think is a known bug which has already been fixed in either HEAD or 1.0 (and merged?).
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."