Author Topic: CB on Linux and Unicode (again)  (Read 2892 times)

Offline MasterAlexei

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • Fun electronic
CB on Linux and Unicode (again)
« on: March 27, 2008, 10:53:30 pm »
Hello there.

I am still in a problem with Unicode symbols (russian chars) in my source code.
How can i switch unicode off in some or all of my source code files?
In a editor settings i have choosed Windows-1251 codepage already.

I'd try to edit a file in kwrite, where the encoding setted to cp 1251. Its saves that file right,
but when i open this file in CB, it converted back to unicode  :(

And, when i try to edit strings with russian chars, first i can insert chars, but, as i try to delete some of them, i can not insert any chars at all, until i erase all of those chars, and start from begin.

Alexey

Offline MasterAlexei

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • Fun electronic
Re: CB on Linux and Unicode (again)
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 04:51:35 pm »
Just for note,

i have installed CBs on Windows, and there ist no such behavior with a unicode chars!

What can be done here on Linux side?

Thanks in advance,

Alexei

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
Re: CB on Linux and Unicode (again)
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 06:45:46 pm »
I'd try to edit a file in kwrite, where the encoding setted to cp 1251. Its saves that file right,
but when i open this file in CB, it converted back to unicode  :(

And, when i try to edit strings with russian chars, first i can insert chars, but, as i try to delete some of them, i can not insert any chars at all, until i erase all of those chars, and start from begin.

This needs some testing. Please file a bug report so that I don't forget this bug. :)

I couldn't understand why this is happening!!?? Few other users have also complained about it. :? But trust me, I can show you that it works for me (I'm using Bengali language).
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.