Author Topic: Include directories  (Read 3497 times)

Offline mozmck

• Single posting newcomer
Include directories
« on: March 15, 2008, 11:08:46 pm »
Howdy,

I'm using a custom makefile on a pre-existing project and am having a few problems.  When I right click on an #include directive in a source file and select "Open #include file: 'xxx.h'" it tells me it can't find it.  Where do I put the search paths for include files?

Secondly, what is the best way to import a standard make or automake/autoconf project?  It doesn't seem that there's any support for that yet that I can see.

Thanks,
Moses

Offline Oulaxer11

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Include directories
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 04:41:02 pm »
I have posted to this same problem and have not rx'd any reply... Should I open a bug on this instead?
-Mike

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 06:00:22 pm »
Should I open a bug on this instead?
No. This is not a bug. Add additional dorectories for the parser within the project options under the tab "C/C++ parser options". Probably in addition to the usual project's (target's) build options (compiler search directories) if you like for clarity.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline mozmck

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 04:14:19 am »
I figured out about the C/C++ parser options and compiler search directories after a bit of searching a fiddling with things.  It was hard to find information on what those options were for.

I don't have a usual projects build options because this project is using autoconf/automake and so I checked the box saying this is a custom makefile.  There doesn't seem to be much information on using it that way yet, but I would suspect that this will be quite common for people on linux.

I will say that I'm starting to like Code::Blocks quite well as I get familiar with it.