Author Topic: Is this a CobeBlocks bug on Win  (Read 3717 times)

HungryDog

Is this a CobeBlocks bug on Win
« on: March 10, 2008, 12:53:27 am »
Tried CB 8.02 on different computers (BTW, nice job!), one running WinXP and one Win2K. There is a big problem (WinXP/Win2K bug?).  For instance, after running the wxWidgets wizard or, later on, trying to build <Ctrl-F9> the project, I get multiple error dialogs of two different kinds; one "Windows - No Disk" error the other "Exception" error :?. First message shows up about 15 times (keep clicking continue when it finally stops) then the other pops up for about 15 times as well and it finally stops after clicking it repeatedly. I tried to resolve it by cleaning my PATH environment pointing now to only WINDOWS + WINDOWS/SYSTEM32 + CB/bin+mingw32 dirs. Same story, no difference in CB behavior. Please look at the attachment files showing the offending dialog graphics. I have no ID what's going on here? Can anybody help?

TIA,
HD

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Is this a CobeBlocks bug on Win
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 08:22:45 am »
It seems to be a Windows problem, something withh assigning drive letters to removal disks.

Googling for the first error pop-up leads to 60.000 entries, the second (with exactly the same values") leads to 2.490  entries.
Please read here first.

This is a link to one of the entries. I didn't read all, but it might be a solution: http://www.consumingexperience.com/2007/11/windows-no-disk-exception-processing.html

Offline nenin

• Almost regular
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 04:23:54 pm »
I had same problems, at least with C::B and GIMP. They were originated from multi-cardreader. I had to disable in Device Manager  CF, MS, and SM. And problems gone.  I suppose that blocking of CF may be enough.

HungryDog

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 05:27:26 am »
Thanks so much for the feedback. BTW, this only happens with CB. Never ever seen this before and nothing else on my PCs (have several) is causing it but CB. It seems CB tries to read some file at directory path /Device/Harddrive1/RD1
It must be some file contained in either the CB wxWdgets Wizard searching for some files in the MinGW32 compiler directory or something internal to CB. When I use CB for VC++2005Ex the "Windows - No Disk" error does not happen. I have no external drive(s) attached, nothing - just the C:\ drive :?. Anyone else has this problem on Windoze? (Just use wxWidgets Wizard "File->New->Project..." and try to build generated code...)

Cheers!
TIA

Offline hckr83

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 03:15:21 am »
I've seen this with a lot of programs on a less-than-healthy computer... most notably QuickTime... I don't use the programs that give that error much though(Codeblocks had no problems) so I never really set out to try to fix it...