Author Topic: cbp questions  (Read 7043 times)

grv575

cbp questions
« on: August 26, 2005, 11:09:21 pm »
Why does the codeblocks-wx2.6.cbp update target produce src\CodeBlocks-wx2.6.0.dll?  Looking at it with dependency walker, it has no imports or exports of it's own, but just links kernel32.dll and msvcrt.dll... and then later the .cbp target changes to commands only (instead of static library like it before running it the first time)!

I get a crash running the doc target (it needs doxygen which I'm not sure I have...is there an exe I need?), but no error message, just a crash (.rpt attached).

Now that wxDockit is bundled, how is it aware which settings wx was built with? (debug/release, (non)unicode, etc)?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: cbp questions
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 10:21:42 am »
Why does the codeblocks-wx2.6.cbp update target produce src\CodeBlocks-wx2.6.0.dll?  Looking at it with dependency walker, it has no imports or exports of it's own, but just links kernel32.dll and msvcrt.dll... and then later the .cbp target changes to commands only (instead of static library like it before running it the first time)!

I get a crash running the doc target (it needs doxygen which I'm not sure I have...is there an exe I need?), but no error message, just a crash (.rpt attached).

It's an error in the project file, which I think it's fixed.

Now that wxDockit is bundled, how is it aware which settings wx was built with? (debug/release, (non)unicode, etc)?

What do you mean? It is built automatically like the rest of the project. No need to do anything on your part?

Yiannis.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

grv575

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2005, 10:56:39 am »
Nm, I downloaded 2.01 which compile like a normal app.  But wxDockit 2.1 compilation consists of the same type of env variables you set for the wxwidgets compilation (so you specify debug/release, unicode/nonunicode, etc).

So 2.01 works with wx 2.6 or no?  I don't see how you would specify a unicode build or not.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2005, 10:58:48 am by grv575 »

grv575

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005, 06:13:36 pm »

It's an error in the project file, which I think it's fixed.

Cool I now get 'command execution failed' as expected (latest cvs).

grv575

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2005, 08:43:21 pm »
Built a unicode version of wxDockit 2.01 that looks like it works:
http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,811.0.html