Author Topic: ATTENTION DEVS: Branches merged  (Read 10365 times)

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
ATTENTION DEVS: Branches merged
« on: August 26, 2005, 01:25:30 pm »
I 've merged VERSION_1_0 and HEAD branches to HEAD.
VERSION_1_0 is stlll there, but don't use it anymore. I will only merge updates to it when they 're considered stable and tested in HEAD.
That's the way it should 've been since when we branched in the first place...

Update your local sources to work on HEAD.

If any of you has commited anything on VERSION_1_0 in the last 2-3 hours, please check that it made it to HEAD (else contact me).
Although most things should be working, some Makefiles might be out of sync. We 'll fix them, don't panic ;)
Notice that I 'm still working on the merge, at a logic level. For example, when auto-hide is enabled for the messages, it might crash. I 'm working on it and it will be fixed soon.

On a final note, I haven't merged the help_plugin and wxSmith because I 'm not really sure on which branch their active development takes place. So I ask their devs to contact me and resolve this.

Yiannis.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

grv575

Re: ATTENTION DEVS: Branches merged
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 03:15:52 pm »
I know you said the cbp and makefiles might not work yet but just a checklist
- remove STC linking (lwxmsw26_stc)
- replace "\msw\" "\msw$(WX_CFG)\" (otherwise it's linking against both lib\gcc_dll\msw _and_ lib\gcc_dllNonUnicode\msw)
- heh...merge back the unicode stuff or I'm not really sure what the consensus is about these changes...meantime I'll recompile wx for nonunicode against version_1_0 and see if the exit crash I was getting is not present w/o unicode or if it's a wx26 issue.  also try head w/ a nonunicode build.  but as of now I don't think there were many issues with even wx2.6 and unicode enabled.

and btw, people who are testing unicode and getting _imp___ZNxxx errors should check:
http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,673.msg4851.html#msg4851
for the solution (wx setup.h problem).
« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 03:18:51 pm by grv575 »

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 05:50:46 pm »
Just to get things straight... you've got what was in VERSION_1_0 and put it in HEAD, right?

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 06:51:40 pm »
Just to get things straight... you've got what was in VERSION_1_0 and put it in HEAD, right?

Right.
Be patient!

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 08:53:37 pm »
On a final note, I haven't merged the help_plugin and wxSmith because I 'm not really sure on which branch their active development takes place. So I ask their devs to contact me and resolve this.

wxSmith has always been developed under HEAD, so there's no need to change anything  :D

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
Doesn't work! :(
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2005, 05:31:05 am »
I compiled (rebuilt actually) and codeblocks starts ok... but then it hides the window (i think) and the only way to restore it is to maximize it from the task bar. There must be some freezing in there because the hiding of the window isn't done cleanly. It overwrites the desktop and i have to clean it :(

Any idea of what's going on?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2005, 05:50:43 am by rickg22 »

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2005, 10:53:54 am »
Yes, it was a merge-error on my part.
Fixed now :D

Yiannis.
Be patient!

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2005, 12:24:44 pm »
I'm getting display error with the latest CVS HEAD.  Compiled against wx2.4.2 NonUnicode and wx2.6 NonUnicode.

Please, this thread is to alert developers for a major change in CVS. If you 're experiencing problems with C::B, please create a new thread for them...
For what it's worth, this has been fixed but anonymous CVS lags behind a few (4-6) hours on sf.net so you 'll have to wait a bit to get the updates...

Yiannis.
Be patient!

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2005, 05:09:53 pm »
The help_plugin, just like you told me, was developed under HEAD. I'll update the project file to use the wxscintilla now included in Code::Blocks CVS and commit it.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2005, 06:18:22 pm »
The help_plugin, just like you told me, was developed under HEAD. I'll update the project file to use the wxscintilla now included in Code::Blocks CVS and commit it.

Nice! :D
Be patient!