Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Plugins development

Multi-config make?

<< < (2/2)

zieQ:
Oh I forgot... In each project configuration, you have a field "Platform" which is always set to Win32. Maybe we could do the same thing for projects and solution configs ;) Rick, have a look in the screenshots for the dependency functionnality, you should see what I mean ;)

squizzz:

--- Quote from: zieQ on August 26, 2005, 09:20:59 am ---Think that in this case, the solution build two different games using the same engine but don't know what TA is meaning here.
--- End quote ---
I think its Team Arena, official expansion pack for Q3.

mandrav:
I 've though about "configurations" too (and almost started implementing them). I 'm not sure though it's a good idea, at this stage, to make such intrusive changes. Maybe after 1.0?

Yiannis.

zieQ:
I don't mind. Anyway, I'll patch the MSVC importers to reflect the changes as soon as this will be implemented. For now, configurations are implemented as targets, so the file lists are duplicated from config to config, no so smart but it works ;)

rickg22:
Maybe after RC2?  Anyway, I said the multi-config option because frankly, C::B make management is A WHOLE MESS. It's not the first time the makefiles get messed up, and well, if we're adding the dependency stuff i *HOPE* adding the multiconfig will be equally easy.

Just a warning: Before committing ANY relevant changes, we should TAG!

Actually I was thinking about releasing a beta (or "unstable snapshot") before these changes are made. I think that'll get rid of many redundant bug reports... tell you what, let's make a feature freeze and try to fix critical bugs (crashes) like the splitpanel one, and we release a binary snapshot (or RC2) for next weekend. Then we can move onto adding the multiconfig and inter-target dependencies functionality :)

Opinions?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version