Author Topic: General parser search paths (code completition)  (Read 3565 times)

gkimbar

General parser search paths (code completition)
« on: March 05, 2008, 12:35:04 pm »
Hi all!

I'm using C::B under WinXP and CygWin. I've managed to force the code completition to work with STL classes by adding the "F:\Cygwin\lib\gcc\i686-pc-cygwin\3.4.4\include\c++" path at "Project/target options.C/C++ parser options". It's OK, but it works only for the current project.

Is there an option to add a permanent STL includes path for the parser? Why the parser don't find STL includes, despite the compiler does? (I've checked both GLOBAL and LOCAL includes following options)

(BTW: the "std::cout." still do not yield any code completition action)

Best regards
Grzegorz Kimbar (yet another chuffed user)

mariocup

Re: General parser search paths (code completition)
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 10:24:03 pm »
Hi,

I had a similar problem. Just select settings/compiler and debugger and then add the include path as search dir for the compiler. In my case then the code completion is working.

Bye,

Mario

gkimbar

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 12:22:58 am »
It isn't working in my case (C::B 8.02). I tried to put the path everywhere reasonable. I guess the problem is that C::B isn't still fully integrated with CygWin. As I said, the compiler finds the includes easily, but C::B don't. Rightclicking on a #include<vector> (for example) and choosing the "open #include<vector>" don't work, unless the path is specified as I mentioned in the first post.

Regards
Grzegorz Kimbar

mariocup

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 08:04:48 am »
Hi,

go to the Management View and select the tab Symbol and then choose the context menu "Reparse". Will this solve the problem?

Bye,

Mario