Author Topic: Some questions and remarks  (Read 3923 times)

Offline tsm

• Single posting newcomer
Some questions and remarks
« on: March 01, 2008, 05:14:16 pm »
First thanks for 8.02.

In my project (a static library) I have a file for which I've set the "custom command" in the "Advanced" tab which produces 2 object files (I have therefore unchecked "Link file", "compile file" is checked). How do I tell the linker to link those 2 files into the static library? Can I somehow tell CodeBlocks to remove these object files when I select "Clean" or "Rebuilt project"?

In another workspace I have 2 projects and the second is set to depend on the other. The pre-build steps are executed twice on the second. Also the pre-build steps are always executed even when "Always execute" is not checked. Post-build steps work fine.

It would be nice if you can (optionally) associate cbp and workspace files to CodeBlocks in the next version of the installer. I've added them manually but thought it could be nice to have in the installer.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Some questions and remarks
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 07:57:59 pm »
It would be nice if you can (optionally) associate cbp and workspace files to CodeBlocks in the next version of the installer.
You don't need to do that (in fact this probably already lead to a conflict). The file extension registration is build into C::B itself. So once you startup C::B the first time the file extension *you* choose are being registered automatically. You can fine tune these settings under: Settings -> Environment -> Tab "General settings" -> Activate "Check and set files assocs" and click on "Manage...".

The installer won't manage this for good reasons therefore.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Kogrom

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 02:01:42 pm »
Thanks for 8.02. But I have some questions about this version.

1. In RC2 version I can make empty win32 api project, then I check button Don't make any files. In 8.02 version this check button is disappear. Why it disappear?

2. Then I build my project in Build appeared some errors. But then I clicked on this messages, editor don't show me place where error is happen. Can I tune Code::Blocks for repair this?

3. Then I build my project with same errors the Build Messages edit don't auto rotated to the end.

Offline tsm

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 06:41:34 pm »
Thanks Morten, obviously didn't notice that.

Any ideas especially to the first question?

Offline Kogrom

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 10:42:54 am »
2. Then I build my project in Build appeared some errors. But then I clicked on this messages, editor don't show me place where error is happen. Can I tune Code::Blocks for repair this?
Some remarks for my second question: if name of directory where places project and source files is English word then Code::Blocks work correctly. It find and show places of errors. Else (if directory named using not English chars) it find errors, but can't show place where errors is appeared.

Sorry for my bad English grammar.