Author Topic: Code::Blocks 8.02 has been released!  (Read 125220 times)

stefanos_

Re: Code::Blocks 8.02 has been released!
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2008, 10:08:02 am »
Mr. Mandrav,

Under Fedora 8, there is an rpm version of Code::Blocks but as far as I know it's a Nightly Build version.

The day I posted my issue here was the day that Fedora Community released lots of updates. One of the updates was Code::Blocks. And to be honest, I saw the "1.0.0-3xxx" version of Code::Blocks and I said "cool :)"

To make it clearer for you here's the link:

http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=codeblocks

Sorry for my delayed response.

Best Regards,

Stefanos_

mderie

« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2008, 03:07:43 pm »
Houray !

Well done, nice teamwork !

Keep up that way !

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2008, 04:00:39 pm »
Mr. Mandrav,

Under Fedora 8, there is an rpm version of Code::Blocks but as far as I know it's a Nightly Build version.

Hmm, the downloads page suggests that an 8.02 package exists for FC8 :).

Admittedly this package was contributed by Daniel2000 and I haven't tested it myself as I don't use Fedora. But I also have no reason to believe that Daniel2000 put a fake version on the rpm's name ;).
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

stefanos_

« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2008, 05:59:10 pm »
Dear Mandrav,

I have uploaded two screenshots to make things clearer to everyone and for the ones who might want to help a little bit.

Here is the second screenshot:

Who's responsible for RPMs I do not know it :) I would like your advice on that.

Also wxWidgets 2.8.4 is installed on my system and not 2.8.7 that should supposed to be. Though I don't personally think that..that could be the cause of this kind of issue but as I said before your advice would be taken for granted ;) You know better than me.

You are the man mate :D

Keep up the good work.

Regards,

Stefanos_

P.S: People, I would like your advice on a matter of knowledge. I would like to learn how "auto-completion" works, parsers, tokens, linkers, and so forth.
Is it auto-completion or code completion? For example if I press Ctrl+SPACE a drop-down menu appears. How to do call it under programming terms?
I call it just as it seems...a drop-down menu :D Please guys...I would like your valuable feedback on that!

Cheers.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2008, 06:43:37 pm »
Dear Stefanos,

your version seems to be svn4872 build with wxWidgets 2.8.4.

The license text was changed in svn 4908 from GPLv2 to GPLv3.
The older versions where published under GPLv2, so your version seems to be correct.

On the search page you posted and on the C::B download page Yannis posted there are links to the release 8.02 for FC8 and this rpm's should have the new license text.

stefanos_

« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2008, 09:35:02 pm »
Dear Jens,

I would like to thank both of you [Jens you are the second man, Mandrav is THE man :D] for your valuable feedback.

I have downloaded the Fedora tar.gz file and after I uninstalled the svn version I installed this one and seems to work just fine. The thing is that I am afraid to upgrade my wxWidgets. I don't want it to break :D

Anyway, the least I can do is to try. Wish me good luck.

For once again I humbly thank you for your valuable help for this amazing software.

Regards,

Stefanos_

Offline AngleWyrm

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2008, 08:18:12 am »
Congrats on the release, and a big thank you for a tool I use a lot! Thanks again.

Offline ElKeBusK

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2008, 10:24:19 am »
All I want to say is

AWESOME!!!!!

Since I started to use C:B 2 years ago I haven't missed Borland RAD compilers (to me way better than MS Visual ones) and, what's more important, C:B has nothing to envy.

Thank you for this new Release.

Offline stevenkaras

« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2008, 07:00:04 pm »
P.S: People, I would like your advice on a matter of knowledge. I would like to learn how "auto-completion" works, parsers, tokens, linkers, and so forth.
Is it auto-completion or code completion? For example if I press Ctrl+SPACE a drop-down menu appears. How to do call it under programming terms?
I call it just as it seems...a drop-down menu :D Please guys...I would like your valuable feedback on that!

There's an entire forum dedicated to this. You'll find some relevant information there, although not well organized (yet).
Here and on the Wiki
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 01:36:22 am by stevenkaras »

Offline Leviathan

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2008, 01:46:54 pm »
Congratulations :)

Offline CuteAlien

« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2008, 07:20:58 pm »
Coooool! Congrats and thanks very much!

Offline riban

« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2008, 01:45:36 pm »
Could you make available the import library for the version of wxWidgets that you built this release against (e.g. libwxmsw28u.a)? This would allow others to build plugins that work with the release version rather than having to build their own version. I am in the process of trying to convince my company that cross platform, open source is a good thing and am using wxWidgets and CodeBlocks as the model for future development. We have some wxSmith plugins (very business specific) that we can only use if we build codeblocks from scratch.

I am currently using the 8.02 msw release for this work but will be porting my work to GNU/Linux using my Ubuntu distro soon.

The project is great and the release is so handy to give confidence to my colleagues (rather than presenting a development build).

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2008, 02:44:29 pm »
Could you make available the import library for the version of wxWidgets that you built this release against (e.g. libwxmsw28u.a)?

Link to the DLL directly. GCC supports it and linking is actually a bit faster this way.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

sirens

« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2008, 03:50:03 am »
Just joined up to say Congratulations on the release. :)

Hopefully, I will stick around and spend a bit more time on the forum.

Offline riban

« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2008, 10:34:50 am »
Link to the DLL directly. GCC supports it and linking is actually a bit faster this way.

Thanks! That works well. Now why didn't I find that in the docs...