Author Topic: The 18 February 2008 build (4893) is out.  (Read 97235 times)

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: The 18 February 2008 build (4893) is out.
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2008, 03:01:44 pm »
There seem to be problems with the whitespaces in the path.
To verify that, you can put your sources in a path without spaces and check it again.

Offline jomeggs

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2008, 03:14:06 pm »
People still keep adding bug reports (many of which refer to the exact same issues) even today. What is this telling you?

There is a filter needed.... :D

Offline bttr

• Single posting newcomer
    • BTTR Software
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2008, 03:29:13 pm »
There seem to be problems with the whitespaces in the path.
To verify that, you can put your sources in a path without spaces and check it again.

Erm... very strange! Moving sources to a path w/o spaces works. No more ". Moving back to a path w/ spaces gives " again, but when I disable Use Full Paths for source files (GDB workaround) " disappears. Looks like a bug to me.

Btw: How does CB capture gcc's output for error parsing? (Doesn't work for me. :()

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2008, 03:40:44 pm »
Afaik it parses it with regular expressions.
You find the used ones also under "advanced options".
It does not reliably work with localized compilers.
German gcc for example writes "Warnung:" instead of "Warning:", so every warning is treated as error.
I fixed the appropriate regexp on my system.

But I also tried to make printing, page-setup and print-previewing work correctly the last two weeks and needed a long time to figure out that some errors I had are because wxWidgets parses outputs (e.g. from lpstat on Linux) with hardcoded english strings (device etc).
So I think C::B's way  with configurable regexp's is mutch more flexible.

Offline indigo0086

• Almost regular
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2008, 03:53:57 pm »
Why is CB randomly adding bookmarks and ellipses to my gutter when i open a project?

Offline Vuki

« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2008, 04:13:34 pm »
Why is CB randomly adding bookmarks and ellipses to my gutter when i open a project?

BrowseTracker plugin does this.

Offline bttr

• Single posting newcomer
    • BTTR Software
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2008, 04:16:41 pm »
Afaik it parses it with regular expressions.

I've already seen those regexps, but does CB redirect gcc's output to a file for parsing? When I take a failed command line from CB and run it directly from cmd.exe, I get a lot of error messages. Then I copy such a message to, e.g., "Compiler error" - "Test parsing expressions" and it is parsed correctly. But it is not displayed at "Build messages" tab. My guess is that CB doesn't "see" gcc's output.

Offline tvaster

« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2008, 04:19:20 pm »
Directive

#include "../blahblah.h"

appears not to work any more and results in a file does not exist error on compile.  This only happens when path starts with "../

The files definitely exists, access rights are correct and they can be manually loaded but error persists during compile

Edit - the above now works with SVN 4908. Issue below still exists.

As a related issue one cannot remove files from project.  The popup with the file names never comes up so I have to resort to editing .cbp file.  This used to be a problem then got fixed but now is back.

Using SUSE 10.2  SVN 490X
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 04:57:28 am by tvaster »

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2008, 05:22:36 pm »

BrowseTracker plugin does this.

ah, that one is placing those "...", but bookmarks ??

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2008, 05:34:18 pm »
It seems so. Disabling the plugin removed those.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline rhf

« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2008, 05:50:23 pm »
BrowseTracker is one of my favorite plugins, and I am very glad that it has been added to the contributed plugins list.
However, I have seen several questions about the "..." . Perhaps it would be preferable to have its Browse_Marks/Book_Marks turned off or hidden by default.

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2008, 08:29:32 pm »
BrowseTracker is one of my favorite plugins, and I am very glad that it has been added to the contributed plugins list.
However, I have seen several questions about the "..." . Perhaps it would be preferable to have its Browse_Marks/Book_Marks turned off or hidden by default.

Done. Svn 4916.

But it means current users of Browse Marks must now go enable BrowseMarks in the settings dialog.

Offline rhf

« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2008, 09:31:31 pm »
BrowseTracker  ... . Perhaps it would be preferable to have its Browse_Marks/Book_Marks turned off or hidden by default.
Done. Svn 4916.
But it means current users of Browse Marks must now go enable BrowseMarks in the settings dialog.
Pecan,
I updated and built SVN 4916 and the contributed plugins.  Based on a couple of quick tests, it appears your BrowseTracker changes work as expected (on Windows XP).

Offline stevenkaras

« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2008, 01:27:58 am »
Bug: $file_ext resolves to file extension + " sign. :(

I've seen this bug pop up with some batch scripts I wrote a while back. It happened when I took the scripts I had written, and copied them to another computer. Of course, I assumed they would work. They didn't.

As it turns out, the code that windows uses to generate a file name and pass it along to a program is fairly complex, and varies with the version of windows(which as you may not know, is not the same as the edition). In general:
1. if the file path contains spaces, the path is put inside quotes
2. if the file path doesn't contain spaces, the behavior is undefined(just like what a c++ compiler does for any number of ambiguous statements: i++ / 2 - ++i * 5)

From what I've seen, non-english windows tends to enclose filepaths in quotes more often than not. As for why you see it as a single quote at the end of a make variable, seems to me that the parsing for that variable needs a bit more error-checking. Took me 2 days to figure out what was going on with those batch scripts...

Offline Paco.Blasco

« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2008, 11:34:08 am »
The version for MAC is not working with Spanish keyboards. I suppose also that it doesn't work over non-English keyboards. We can not have access to "[" or "{".
Also, I suppose the problem is in Scintilla.
Any idea?