Author Topic: The 18 February 2008 build (4893) is out.  (Read 97551 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 18 February 2008 build (4893) is out.
« on: February 18, 2008, 09:46:11 pm »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

Before you use a nightly make sure you understand how it works.

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw28u_gcc_cb_wx287.7z

For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/mingwm10_gcc421.7z

The 18 February 2008 build is out.
  - Windows :
   http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20080218_rev4893_win32.7z
  - Linux :
   none

Resolved Fixed:

• Minor fixes in debugger (disassembly cursor tracking, etc)
  • Fixed: Erratic behaviour (not all opened editor were shown with their relative path) of Opened files tree right after a Project load
  • added BrowseTracker to contribs
  • help_plugin: add help files of index.ini only once
  • compiler autodetection: allow mingw compiler suite to be installed under [C::B]\mingw, too
  • Help plugin: Help files read from index.ini are now added in *bold* to the help menu, cannot be edited through the configuration dialog and are not saved to the Code::Blocks config file

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

• toolbar-images-not-changing-state (is a wx problem/Win XP problem)

Offline Wavesonics

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: The 18 February 2008 build (4893) is out.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 10:03:20 pm »
sounds like the number of bug fixes and frequency is going down a lot, does this mean we are near a 1.0f?

Offline pasgui

• Almost regular
    • LGP
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 11:42:14 pm »
Build for Ubuntu i386/amd64 can be found here

Best regards, pasgui
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 09:30:08 am by pasgui »

Offline Xaviou

• Regular
    • X@v's wxStuff
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 12:24:40 am »
Ubuntu 7.04 -> 7.10 Amd64 tar.gz archive (containing '.deb' installers builds with wx2.8.7) can be found here[
The french wxWidgets site : http://www.wxdev.fr
My wxWidgets's stuff : https://wxstuff.xaviou.fr/

Offline afb

• Developer
  • Lives here!

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 11:58:48 am »
Binaries for debian i386, amd64 and sources (tar-balls also usable on other platforms) can be found in my repository (see signature).

Offline stevenkaras

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 12:05:33 am »
sounds like the number of bug fixes and frequency is going down a lot, does this mean we are near a 1.0f?
I hope not. Take a look at the bug tracker list. It's huge. And most of the bugs are old. Not to mention all the codecompletion bugs. I've had a hard time tracking down and reproducing them, but for the most part, I can tell that the codecompletion doesn't like default arguments. Neither does the symbol browser.

Ideally, when version goes 1.0f, you should be able to compile not only C::B, but also mingw with all the features being used without any bugs.

IMHO, of course.

Offline tvaster

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 02:17:23 am »
And most of the bugs are old. Not to mention all the codecompletion bugs. I've had a hard time tracking down and reproducing them, but for the most part, I can tell that the codecompletion doesn't like default arguments. Neither does the symbol browser.

HHHhmmm. As developers we have chosen and committed to C::B as our development environment.  We found it to be a mature platform with code completion and debugging working solidly.  Ask someone who is using it hands-on (in this case SUSE 10.2 w/ C++) and you will get a big THANK YOU to all the contributors who make C::B what it is today.  To us it makes no difference whether there are nightly updates or major releases.  What matters is it works and is gettting better every day!

Offline JGM

• Lives here!
  • Got to practice :)
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 02:30:04 am »
What matters is it works and is gettting better every day!

Thats the point :wink:

zgf

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 02:31:01 am »
I have a problem: when I open my project by double-click the .cbp file, I can't use "Find declaration of:" or "Find implementaion of:" in the right-click menu; but when I do it with "File"->"Open", all works well.

Is it a bug !?

Offline XayC

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2008, 10:38:49 pm »
I have a problem: when I open my project by double-click the .cbp file, I can't use "Find declaration of:" or "Find implementaion of:" in the right-click menu; but when I do it with "File"->"Open", all works well.

Is it a bug !?

I have the same problem (as I stated here) and yes I think it's a bug in the CodeCompletion.

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2008, 01:31:42 am »
I hope not. Take a look at the bug tracker list. It's huge. And most of the bugs are old. Not to mention all the codecompletion bugs. I've had a hard time tracking down and reproducing them, but for the most part, I can tell that the codecompletion doesn't like default arguments. Neither does the symbol browser.

As a former developer of the codecompletion module, I can tell you that code completion WON'T be fixed until this revision is out. The code's too messy to be modified in a non-release branch. Many things need to be changed and updated.

As for the bugs in the tracker, I think it'd be better to start up with a fresh buglist. Most of the bugs there should be closed anyway.

Offline jomeggs

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2008, 01:04:11 pm »
As for the bugs in the tracker, I think it'd be better to start up with a fresh buglist. Most of the bugs there should be closed anyway.

Excuse me, but that's a bit weird. Most the people who wrote to this bug list had the view, that someone would act with the announced errors. That sounds like you have lost the track. Simply close the list and forget all that can't be the way of choice. I'm afraid that some important information from work from users would be thrown in the bin. So, isn't it better to close the solved and useless items?

And an note to "release or not": I'm working with different IDE's from Borland and Microsoft.  They are expensive AND have a lot of bugs. Every new version offers new and more horrible problems as I can say. Codeblocks though is very stable in daily use, nearly every nightly could be labeled as stable in comparison. But there you go, I'm happy with nightlys or perhaps weeklys :lol:

Codeblocks is great, good work!

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2008, 02:20:59 pm »
Excuse me, but that's a bit weird. Most the people who wrote to this bug list had the view, that someone would act with the announced errors. That sounds like you have lost the track. Simply close the list and forget all that can't be the way of choice.
It was said already two years ago that the bugs in code completion would not be fixed. It was repeated many times that code completion is considered pretty much FUBAR from the bottom and that we almost certainly won't address the well-known issues in this implementation.
People still keep adding bug reports (many of which refer to the exact same issues) even today. What is this telling you?
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline artoj

• Almost regular
    • http://ajonsson.kapsi.fi/
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2008, 09:36:36 am »

And I hope that C::B project doesn't continue to use the Berlios' bug tracker. It just doesn't have any of the basic features you would expect from a bug tracker.