Author Topic: Dialogs in Vista look like Windows 98  (Read 3380 times)

Halo-holic

Dialogs in Vista look like Windows 98
« on: December 31, 2007, 06:47:59 am »
Hi, I'm using Code::Blocks to design a little map editor using the Win32 API (if that matters). Anyway, whenever I make a dialog box, the buttons, edit fields, etc. all look like they're from Windows 98, instead of the Vista theme. Everything else however, is Vista themed, such as the program border, minimize/maximize/close buttons, menus. Basically everything except dialogs (btw, this also includes the message boxes). Is there a manifest file or something else I can do to change this (from what I understand, Vista doesn't like to use manifest files).

I'm using RC2 but I have tested this on the latest nightly build, and I get the same results. I only use RC2 because it seems to be more stable on my computer at the moment.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Offline android_808

• Single posting newcomer
Re: Dialogs in Vista look like Windows 98
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 09:36:13 am »
You need to have a manifest file I think.  From what I remember there is a plugin for this, if not just search around for an example.

Halo-holic

Re: Dialogs in Vista look like Windows 98
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 05:25:40 pm »
Ok, well you were right. I found a manifest feature in PE Explorer. If anyone else has this problem, all you need to do is go to resource mode and use the Application Manifest Wizard on the toolbar.