Author Topic: cygwin wx-config  (Read 5125 times)

Offline manteez

• Single posting newcomer
cygwin wx-config
« on: January 19, 2008, 04:01:56 am »
Hello,

I'm new in wxWidget and code::block. I have tried wxDevCPP but I think code::block is better.

I have a problem when I want to use cygwin compiler. I can't use minGW because I have a library that should be installed under cygwin.

This problem occurs when I compile wxWidget template. It says

C:/cygwin/usr/local/include/wx-2.8/wx/defs.h:42:13: #error "No Target! You should use wx-config program for compilation flags!"

I have tried to include `wx-config --cflags` in compiler settings and `wx-config --libs` in linker settings but it didn't work.

However, this is my output of compiler logging....

g++.exe -Wall  -g  -D__WXDEBUG__     -IC:/cygwin/usr/local/lib/wx/include/msw-ansi-debug-static-2.8 -IC:/cygwin/usr/local/include/wx-2.8 -IC:/cygwin/usr/include  -c "C:/bluedee's inventory/Programming/script/TesEmpty/Try2DMain.cpp" -o obj/Debug/Try2DMain.o

You can see that wx-config is not included. How to set the compiler in code::block to include wx-config?

I tried to compile my project under cygwin shell and it works.

Thanks in advance

Offline denk_mal

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: cygwin wx-config
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 09:03:45 am »
Hi,

I rather had the same problem here (gcc on Ubuntu) and found the following solution:
  • go to the buildsettings/Compiler settings/others Options
  • copy the content (beginning with 'wx-config ) to the console and execute this
  • replace the command with the result from the console
do the same with the linker settings (buildsettings/Linker settings/others linker Options

I dont know if this is the recommend way but it works for me.

HTH
denk_mal

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 09:12:55 am »
You can see that wx-config is not included. How to set the compiler in code::block to include wx-config?

As windows shell does not support backticks, codeblocks expands them itself on that platform.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline denk_mal

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 12:19:06 pm »

As windows shell does not support backticks, codeblocks expands them itself on that platform.
does this means that this what I've done by hand should be done automaticly?

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 01:01:06 pm »

does this means that this what I've done by hand should be done automaticly?

Yes.
Be patient!

Offline denk_mal

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 03:28:07 pm »
Is this a bug that has to be fixed in the future or do I have to change something in my system?

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 03:49:04 pm »
Is this a bug that has to be fixed in the future or do I have to change something in my system?

I don't get it. I told you what is the current behavior. If this doesn't work for you, post a sample project illustrating the problem.
As far as I 'm aware, the current implementation works as advertised. And I *do* use backticks in project settings daily.
Be patient!