Author Topic: Custom Lexers for C::B? (Was: XML file types?)  (Read 23877 times)

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
Re: XML file types?
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2005, 01:50:18 am »
Thomas, mind posting the lexer on the SF patch requests? That's what they are for, after all ;-)

Anyway, I'm considering adding a lexer for CLIPPER since that's what we use at the job and i'm dying to use C::B instead of the DOS editor we use there :lol:.

Unfortunately that requires Scintilla 1.64, and wxwidgets' is 1.54 :(.

On the good news, i finally found out how to use the wxScintilla control! :D It's a *nearly exact* copy of STC. That means we only have to compile it (gulp :shock: lol) and link to it. Even the constants are the same!  8)

I also consider that a plus, since we would have to spare the author from having to *make* STC separatedly. It would just compile as part of the Code::Blocks package :)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 01:52:00 am by rickg22 »

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: XML file types?
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2005, 02:00:59 pm »
Thomas, mind posting the lexer on the SF patch requests? That's what they are for, after all ;-)
Already did last evening :)  RQ 1262336
Anyway, I'm considering adding a lexer for CLIPPER since that's what we use at the job and i'm dying to use C::B instead of the DOS editor we use there :lol:.
Lol, I would die if I had to use CLIPPER at all.

I also consider that a plus [...]
Big plus, yes.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."