User forums > Help

Feature request

<< < (2/3) > >>

mike:
Good :-)

Then take this one as well: dependencies. I have a workspace with two projects, one producing a library, another one using it. I couldn't find a way to tell to the second project, that it depends on the result of the first one, nor that it depends on a particular library. That leads to the following workflow for me:
 - Modify something in the library project
 - Right-click, Compile
 - Right-click on the exe project, Rebuild
 - Click on "Yes"
 - Click on Run

It'd be nice if I just could click on "Compile & Run" and get the dependency checker compile the first project.

mandrav:
In your workspace, open the library-project first and then the exe-project. When you make changes to the library, instead of hitting "Compile", hit "Compile/Compile all projects" (shortcut: Alt-C-J). This results in compiling the library and then the project :)

This reminds me that I should implement "Move up/down" commands for project ordering in the projects tree...

Yiannis.

mandrav:

--- Quote from: mandrav ---This reminds me that I should implement "Move up/down" commands for project ordering in the projects tree...
--- End quote ---

Done.  :lol:

Yiannis.

mike:
The second project still says:

--- Quote ---
mingw32-make.exe: Nothing to be done for `all'.

--- End quote ---

By the way, how do I get the latest changes? I am smart enough to get the sources from CVS (I believe  :wink: ), but how do I compile them?

mike:
Hi Yiannis,

FIrst of all, thanx for the release. I have just installed it and wanted to try out the multiple-compiler thing, the one I wanted the most. It seems to compile both libraries fine, though I currently have some problems with the executable. The main problem I experience here is that there is a compiler setting for the top level of the target configuration, and if I set anything up on that level, it passes the things on as that compiler's options, so MinGW gets "/DWIN32" instead of "-DWIN32", and the like. Fixed by duplicating all options in the compilers' targets.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version