User forums > Help

Feature request

<< < (3/3)

mike:
ANd the long-waited "error double click" feature did not come :-(

mike:
It also keeps complaining that "I changed the compiler used for the project." - what is this about?

mike:
Yet another useful feature would be specifying custom libraries for linking. It works okay for MSVC compiler, where I can provide a directory in "Link dirs", and a library name(s) in "Link options". But it does not work the same in MinGW, where I have to specify the relative path to the library in the "Link options"; it seems to ignore the "Link dirs".

mandrav:

--- Quote from: mike ---Yet another useful feature would be specifying custom libraries for linking. It works okay for MSVC compiler, where I can provide a directory in "Link dirs", and a library name(s) in "Link options". But it does not work the same in MinGW, where I have to specify the relative path to the library in the "Link options"; it seems to ignore the "Link dirs".
--- End quote ---

It does work the same. The compiler plugin is one and the same. Support for different compilers comes from another configuration class, which has nothing to do with what you describe.
How do you add linker options in MinGW?
The right-way is, for a fictious library libfoobar.a, to add
--- Code: ----lfoobar
--- End code ---
, i.e. -l (minus L), drop "lib" prefix and extension.
If you add the library like this, the compiler will find it only if it is in a lib path.
The other way is to use the full (or relative) filename of the library...

Yet, I see your point of adding libraries in a listbox and letting the compiler plugin pass it to the compiler, so you don't have to use different options for each compiler...

Yiannis.

mike:
Nope, alas, "-l" did not work - it still complains that the library file is not found.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version